• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry Bolts, but Semi Autos stole my heart...

Sure, we bolters have a inferior weapon, but we use it with pride and the skill it demands.
We make our weaknesses our strengths.
We only have one bullet ready to fire.
Whilst everyone else blazes away with their autos we stand in our own
silence for just a split second longer to look down the barrel until the
feeling is right and the aim straight.
After the trigger is pulled our bullets are equal to any other. It goes where
we pointed it , nowhere else, and cuts away the strings from the puppets
that run in front of the cold black iron sights.
Then we pull back the bolt and burning, guilty copper flys free. It is the
perfect finish. It is the echo of the final beat of the hart we tore in two.
Then, when the bolt is pushed forward and we dive for cover, everything is ready again.

I love my bolter.

/psychopathic rant

Wow.... thats deep man. Awsome/

Upvote 0
Well,I snipe as often as I can,and I never pick the semi...
Sure,no need to bolt,but the accuracy is horrible,so if the enemy isnt running in the open,I just get killed by the enemy sniper using a bolt...
Bolts are much more accurate,the bullet actually goes where you aim.
With the semi it doesnt,I've had tons of misses and gotten killed because of them...

Semi goes where you aim, the same as bolt. You missed because either you sprayed, or you shot the semi right after your first shot, which leads to a large recoil. On Odessa and Danzig, Semi Auto dominates. If you have problems with sniping, practice with bots in Odessa by picking a German sniper class, it helps alot. I gurantee you that you can hit a target in Danzig/Odessa with a Semi Auto as easily as a bolt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Berseker,I dont that mean I lack aiming skills or that I spray.
Neither do I fire wildly...
The problem is it just doesnt go where it's supposed to go...
In example,I get bullet drop right,raise the scope a bit and the shot goes to the left,right or in any random direction after the FIRST shot,not second or third...

Upvote 0
The semi-automatic rifles are fine weapons in their own right...and they do make decent mid range sniper rifles. I personally would be wary of taking a shot at anything beyond mid-rifle range with a semi-auto. I find a lot more bullet drop/drift in the autos and definitely a slower muzzle velocity; I have to lead moving targets significantly more than bolts. It shows quite a bit in the snipers variants.
But I'd take either weapon with no complaint.:cool:

Upvote 0
Im much more accurate with a bolt... its more of a mental thing. I know I have one bullet and I use it with discretion.

And besides, a bolt kill is much more satisfying than using anything else in the game.

A kill with PTRD is 5 times more satisfying than any other kill in the entire game in my opinion. PTRD is basicly a bolt, but carries much less ammo, shoots much slower, and reduces your mobility, because you can only shoot when prone, or if the gun is rested.

Upvote 0
The only differece that i see is the auto loaders can suppress more.

i just got off platz, when you first spawn and everyone rushes to get in position, instead i rested my rifle on a plank that was sticking up on the first small hill near where you spawn and unloaded my g43 in the direction of the allied spawn and got 3 easy kills.

I like both.:)

Upvote 0
Semi-auto is no doubtedly helps you better in "intense" situations, but remember that most people take bolt just only for the challange. Having only one bullet to save your ass, and having have to send it right way, and if you can't send it the "right way", how can you reach him with your bayonet or hide. . . Bolt is the "thinking man's weapon".

Sure you can take a PPSh or a semi and rambo roam around to make better "frags", but then you'll be only using your l337 "reflex hipshootin' skillz".

Upvote 0
I started by using bolt riffles and got fed up with being killed by gun ho smgs, so I moved over to semi's to protect myself a bit more, which worked quite well.

Then I played with smg's for a while but I just got the feeling I was sort of cheating.

So I've gone back to choosing bolt riffles and in preference on the Russian side.
I seem to be a better shot as a Ruski !

Upvote 0
Don't be elitist idiots.

You want a realistic game, right? Well, in a real war, would you want the best weapon you could get to serve your needs or would you want an inappropriate, inferior one so you could be all macho?

Yeah.

Bolt-action rifles are better at longer ranges, and some people are very good at using them at medium and even short ranges too, but if someone plays better with a semi-auto or an SMG, why look down on them?

Upvote 0