• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Somebody has...

SnotRocket

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Georgia
A new version of software!

vistainstallyn3.jpg

Updates after installation.

Enjoy the bugs :p

Oh and every time you're thinking "Wow this new feature is great!", remember that we Mac users have had it for 2 years or more already, and our version is better ;)

Funny.... I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the iPhone.

Enjoy your $600 toy while my Windows Smartphone does all it does and more, and was doing it for $300 two years ago. And... what I install on it is not limited to what Steve Jobs says I can put on it.

Macinzealots... meh.

Upvote 0
Macro$loth!!!!http://hello.typepad.com/hello/sloth.jpg
I don't know I think Bill Gates & the other guy (don't remember his name) are approaching madness (or already there). I think being so insanely rich has caused something very important in the brain to break. Did anyone see how Bill Gates just immediately left as soon as John Stewert was done interviewing him? It seems to me almost like he thinks he's too good and so far above people he doesn't even have to say goodbye or even behave with any respect toward others.

Upvote 0
Ok folks, if you have Vista installed well good luck and good luck to any of your software, movies and music files. Alot of "digging" has been done into MS new Vista OS and its EULA and the very fine print.

If MS see's that you have "pirated" software namely movies and music then guess what, they MS holds and has the RIGHT to remove said music. movies and other pirtated programs without your concent or knowledge.

Good luck, I am not touching Vista period. This is intrusuion to the hilt.

Vista's legal fine print raises red flags

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/175801

While those reviews have focused chiefly on Vista's new functionality, for the past few months the legal and technical communities have dug into Vista's "fine print." Those communities have raised red flags about Vista's legal terms and conditions as well as the technical limitations that have been incorporated into the software at the insistence of the motion picture industry.

READ THE BELOW FINE PRINT

Vista's legal fine print includes extensive provisions granting Microsoft the right to regularly check the legitimacy of the software and holds the prospect of deleting certain programs without the user's knowledge. During the installation process, users "activate" Vista by associating it with a particular computer or device and transmitting certain hardware information directly to Microsoft.

Even after installation, the legal agreement grants Microsoft the right to revalidate the software or to require users to reactivate it should they make changes to their computer components. In addition, it sets significant limits on the ability to copy or transfer the software, prohibiting anything more than a single backup copy and setting strict limits on transferring the software to different devices or users.

Vista also incorporates Windows Defender, an anti-virus program that actively scans computers for "spyware, adware, and other potentially unwanted software." The agreement does not define any of these terms, leaving it to Microsoft to determine what constitutes unwanted software.

Thx to BB1 for the heads up.

GL with yer new spywarez. :eek:

Upvote 0
Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!!!

Vista? Not till I run out of other options. I'm not even happy I'm running XP, I'd rather be on OSX...

Vista's slower than XP. Vista's going to be full of bugs that they won't get patched up till they're ready to release their next-gen OS.

Oh, and I don't trust Gates and Microsoft.

Upvote 0
It seriously uses less processing power than XP. Most of the processes I have in the background are user-controlled anyway.

The actual O/S is using less than 1% of the CPU power and about 40 MB of RAM.

To be completely honest, I am EXTREMELY impressed with Windows Vista. I was expecting a buggy, slow POS that I saw in Beta 2, but this software is very functional, fast, and sleek. I am definately going to keep this as my main O/S.

Last edited:
Upvote 0