• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Somebody has...

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

Upvote 0
Enjoy the bugs :p

Oh and every time you're thinking "Wow this new feature is great!", remember that we Mac users have had it for 2 years or more already, and our version is better ;)

.......ah, being a mac zealot is so much fun :D

Were these the features the ones already released for free by Microsoft or the ones in the alphas of Vista? Maybe both?

Aside from that, OSX looks pretty good now, but I'll only switch if it becomes a proper gaming platform. For the time being I'll stick with XP.

Upvote 0
Funny.... I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the iPhone.

Enjoy your $600 toy while my Windows Smartphone does all it does and more, and was doing it for $300 two years ago. And... what I install on it is not limited to what Steve Jobs says I can put on it.

Macinzealots... meh.

Yes, but I'm not buying the iPhone, now am I? ;)

Nice post troll.

How much did your copy of OSX cost?

First, special circumstances don't count, so your "how much did you pay" comment is irrelevant. Mac OS X is STILL cheaper than all but Home basic.

And secondly, I'm just kidding around here, don't take me too seriously :)

Upvote 0
thing is, what about all the bloatware?

The only thing that really REALLY irks me about MS oses is the amount of pure **** that they attach that I don't want or need. Windows OSes only go on gaming machines, so I rip everything out of the install that I can.

I assume Vista 'requires' Windows Media Player, Outlook in some form or another, MSN Messenger (Live messenger at this point, probably), and a ton of 'helpful applications' like net meeting, remote desktop stuff, MSNZone (which is an OS protected component in XP, WTF?!), and the whole list of usual suspects.

I am a relatively capable person when it comes to PCs. I understand that most people aren't. If MS wants all that **** selected as a 'default' installation for the sake of 'most people', that's totally cool. But give ME, and other people like me, the option to pull out what we don't want. But no, that means we'd be using something other than Microsoft branded software, god forbid that happen.

Upvote 0