• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Quality Of Life Suggestions

cptabearica

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 10, 2018
Hello Tripwire,

First of all, I LOVE the game. Its currently one of my favorite VR titles and am also learning to speed run it. I currently play using the PlayStation VR and there are some quality of life changes that I would love to see implemented. Hopefully with little effort on your end.

Story Dialogue:

The biggest change I would suggest is to have a way to skip the dialogue during the story that prevents you from moving forward until her/foster are finished talking. I seem to struggle finding something to do when these are going on waiting for the conversation to end so the door can open. Maybe we could hold a button to skip the dialogue, or have it to where to progress, you can just keep moving on while the conversation is happening. Similar to how you can directly after the final boss. (I can provide video from my twitch/youtube if that would help explain it better)

Also, it seems that some key items don't spawn until after a specific action in the same room, or until dialogue start. For example, the gas can in the beginning of the Farm House stage. I have looked all over, and have never been able to find it until I kill the 3 zeds that spawn. It would be nice to actively look for it during the dialogue, if no option to skip the dialog comes to fruition.

I would most prefer a speed run mode that cuts all the story related cut-scenes/conversations/elements out, and possibly adds a timer to track how fast we've completed it or maybe a leaderboard of some sort. I feel like this could add some replay-ability to the story mode, beyond the random spawning of key items and 2 difficulty settings.

Bosses:

The one boss that I feel could be improved on is the Husks. I like the idea of the boss fight with the rifle, but I feel that it just drags on too long. There are either 14 or 15 Husks that spawn, each taking multiple shots (except for head shots). This is the one boss fight that just feels really slow and seems to go on for too long. Possibly lowering the amount of Husks that spawn will help make it less of a chore.

I hope this information is useful and I would love to discuss further with you and the community so we can make this game even better. I love the game and just want to see it improve! Thank you for taking the time to read and please give me any feedback either here or on twitter @cptabearica.