• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Some of my own ideas !

Munry

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 13, 2011
Okay, so first of all I really love this game, how it is simple but gets complex over time, it's great. However, there's some things I thought about, that wouldn't make the game too difficult and that would add some nice strategies.

So, here they are:

#1: Tunnels.
I thought about this when I saw the fake gates. :p It would just be two gates connected to each other, which would get the dwarfs from one side to the other in a second. However, the price increases at each "tunnel" (like the outposts), ennemies can use them too. Like this it wouldn't be a too big advantage.

#2: Tilesets.
I guess there should be a way to mod the tilesets as a user, however being able to choose between different tilesets or themes would be just great.

#3: Other kind of Dwarfs ?
I'm not too sure about that since it should be just complicating the game. However making an archer, and/or a healer dwarf possible would add some RPG-ness to the game.

That's all I can think of for the moment. If I think about more i'll post them. :V

Reactions: u-s-e-r

Robin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2011
Happy to hear some ideas :)

1#Outposts can send warrior dwarfs over the map like portals. using the +/- button. You can also use the Star button to send dwarfs that you have marked. :)

2#Would have been awesome but it's not possible because the files are packed into XNB files using XNA witch makes this something outside of our control. (if you find a way to unpack XNB files you can easely mod it)

3#We are working on the design for a new mode. This might be more of a build and stuff might have other units who knows ;)

Cheers,
Robin

Munry

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 13, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply there !

Just one last question, ever thought of making those "random spawning decorative items" actually useful ? I can't stop searching them on my map, even if they are useless. :3

Reactions: u-s-e-r