• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Map Achievements being turned off

.Dan

Dec 6, 2011
Hi all, there's an issue in the current live build that's causing the achievements to be incorrectly earned when completing earlier maps. To prevent this I've turned off the offending achievements, as we won't be able to fix the issue without doing a new build (the fix will come in the rollback).

I've already posted the details on another thread, so if you've seen it you can stop here, as I'm just repeating them.

The following maps have had their map-completion achievement disabled during the difficulties-Hard, Suicidal, Hell on Earth: West London, Manor, Farm, Office, Biotics Labs. Normal is still fine.

The following maps have had their map-completion achievement disabled only on Hell on Earth:Bedlam , Wyre, Foundry. Other difficulties should be unaffected.

My apologies if this happens to effect your achievement earning, but I'd say it's better than earning the wrong achievement.

Last edited:
I've done a quick look into this, the achievement, "This is No Ordinary Rabbit" is turned off in steam, in the same fashion that we turn off all our event based achievements when the event is done.

I suspect Jack Skellington was feeling generous. (Or, in other words-I don't see how this could have happened, but it's nothing really to worry about unless it can be consistently reproduced)

Played a match where a player got the "This is No Ordinary Rabbit" where 25 Halloween Scrakes had to be killed... but this is Christmas, not Halloween (wouldn't Jack Skellington be upset)

Upvote 0
Hi all, there's an issue in the current live build that's causing the achievements to be incorrectly earned when completing earlier maps. To prevent this I've turned off the offending achievements, as we won't be able to fix the issue without doing a new build (the fix will come in the rollback).

I've already posted the details on another thread, so if you've seen it you can stop here, as I'm just repeating them.

The following maps have had their map-completion achievement disabled during the difficulties-Hard, Suicidal, Hell on Earth: West London, Manor, Farm, Office, Biotics Labs. Normal is still fine.

The following maps have had their map-completion achievement disabled only on Hell on Earth:Bedlam , Wyre, Foundry. Other difficulties should be unaffected.

My apologies if this happens to effect your achievement earning, but I'd say it's better than earning the wrong achievement.

very good to see you Dan being very active at forums and repliing! thx for report

Upvote 0
I've done a quick look into this, the achievement, "This is No Ordinary Rabbit" is turned off in steam, in the same fashion that we turn off all our event based achievements when the event is done.

I suspect Jack Skellington was feeling generous. (Or, in other words-I don't see how this could have happened, but it's nothing really to worry about unless it can be consistently reproduced)

Damn it. Thanks to hearing about it in this thread:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1167311
I spent ages trying to kill Scrakes on Bedlam. Your friend sucks, Skullfinder :p

Upvote 0
Thanks for this! Somehow it got mistakenly turned off. It's back to being on and should work.

Im kinda "lol" that you devs notice that now since there are like 20 topics about Flea Circus scattered in forum ... Thanks for fixing that anyway but i kinda feel like you devs ignore us duo the reason i mentioned above ... It's good to know that someone ( you ) in the dev team atleast care to check by from time to time cause it seem to me that no matter what we cry about nobody pay attention to it, and we ( the forum users owning the KF game ) love to cry all the time about something ... i could agree if you ignore the regular bull**** like "EVERYTHING IS TOO OP ... WE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEEE" but I think you should pay more attention to those who mention bugs and stuff. Anyway i don't wanna sound like some unthankfull asshole or the regular crity so thanks Dan for your efforts :) keep up the good job and look how many happy people reply with thanks that you informed us about stuff ... keep informing us and we keep being happy :D

Upvote 0
i could agree if you ignore the regular bull**** like "EVERYTHING IS TOO OP ... WE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEEE"

They sure as hell better not be dismissing that kind of feedback. If mid/late 2010 taught TWI anything, taking in community feedback can do a ton to improve the state of the game.

Some feedbacks are a little over-the-top though - very knee-jerk, very sensitive, often carries a not-well-thought-out nerf suggestion with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I can understand this sentiment, do remember there's a variety of roles in a game company, most do not include searching the forums for issues. We have a wonderful fellow for that, Yoshiro, who's on vacation for the holidays. I'm an engineer, I come here between compiling code, or when a specific thread I'm on gets a reply. I'm pretty sure you'd rather I code for the game then hunt through the forum.

Im kinda "lol" that you devs notice that now since there are like 20 topics about Flea Circus scattered in forum ...

Upvote 0