• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some features, and their gameplay problems not a feature request more like a fix.

I would point out the "ninja tanks".
I've had a tank sneak up to me while I'm looking in a different direction ample times.What is weird is that you can hear a turret rotation or an engine start from miles,but you don't hear the engine or tank treads.
Medium-high priority.
I,of course,agree with all the other points.

Upvote 0
I especially agree about the half tracks, since they have been made less vulnerable to grenades now they can be unstoppable. People have been using it as an exploit to park a full one in a cap zone and so long as the driver is buttoned up and noone on the gun they're unstoppable for a long time (that is if there's no PTRD around).

Its also dodgy to be on a hill looking into the back of the HT and unable to shoot or hurt the guys loaded in it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I think it's to do with the way they've coded the vehicles. Basically you either damage them or you don't. Previously a grenade would kill everyone just by being on the ground over there somewhere as a HT went past. They adjusted it to stop that from happening, but to do so they simply made them completely impervious to damage. I honestly don't know if it's possible to allow damage from the top only, to the passengers. Not without a complete recode.

Apart from that, the auto weaponswitch is my biggest gripe. I've been begging for an "off" option since about 2 days after they added it.

Upvote 0
I'll sign this is something is added about the tank damage system. At the very least a suggestion needs to be added to make tank tracks waaaay easier to down (considering irl if two or three inf were to throw grenades next to a track at the same time, that would probably kill the track.)

I'm not much of a tanker, but thats because the tank combat is just to...meh atm for me. I think this is true of many other people, so most people just focus on the infantry, and don't ask for tank fixes.

Also, you added a suggestion about leaving a tank, but I don' see one about switching seats. Its silly that its quicker to go from driver to commander than it is to go from commander buttoned to unbuttoned. Switching seats (and leaving the tank) should both take a decent amount of time.

Add those suggestions, and I will gladly sign.

Upvote 0
I'll sign this is something is added about the tank damage system. At the very least a suggestion needs to be added to make tank tracks waaaay easier to down (considering irl if two or three inf were to throw grenades next to a track at the same time, that would probably kill the track.)

I'm not much of a tanker, but thats because the tank combat is just to...meh atm for me. I think this is true of many other people, so most people just focus on the infantry, and don't ask for tank fixes.

Also, you added a suggestion about leaving a tank, but I don' see one about switching seats. Its silly that its quicker to go from driver to commander than it is to go from commander buttoned to unbuttoned. Switching seats (and leaving the tank) should both take a decent amount of time.

Add those suggestions, and I will gladly sign.

Absolutely agreed on both points. I hate teleporting tankers.

Upvote 0
the delay for switching positions is already in, its in thesame place as the jumping in/out of tanks. Will clarify it more.

If you can post the exact problem with hitting tracks i can then post it in here. I believe only the top part of the tracks can be hit not the part thats attached to the ground but that would have to be researched. If tanks should fly of easy with a few grenades etc we need historical reference as proof. I dont know how it was but it feels to me its too hard even if you know 100% certain actual proof is needed to make the devs believe it ;).

Upvote 0
I found somewhere that a 6 pound satchel was more than adequate for disabling/destroying (since in this game they are usually the same) even the heaviest tanks in the war, and the average medium tank required a 4 pound satchel. The site did not specify if this was a mobility kill, or complete disabling, but I think that they meant a complet disable.

Hell, modern MBTs are not that hard to mobility kill by infantry if unsupported from friendly infantry.

I will look into sources. However, 99% of sources only talk about tank vs tank, and penetration values, which were one of the smaller causes of tanks being disabled throughout the war. Postwar has glorified one particular aspect of tank usage, and imo one of the less important ones (where greater ones would be ease of manufacture (T34) ergonomical ease (Sherman) and mobility on varied terrain (again T34) over really good tank vs tank (Tiger.)

It could be hard to find.

However, even as stands, its often easier to kill a tank from distances with guns you shouldn't be able to..than to track a tank. At the very least, AP rounds and AT rifles should have a much easier time doing so, if not also HE rounds.

Upvote 0