• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soldiers need to tire when crawling

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I think it's pretty important for "realism".

If anyone on here has ever crawled around on the dirt they will know it's pretty ****ing tiring. Hell, I got tired crawling around with just a paintball gun :eek:

Seems like an easy thing to implement too.

I think it's a pretty good suggestion.
I mean, how far does one really crawl in RO? And who said anything about a fast stamina drain? It doesnt have to drain as fast as it does when you are sprinting, just a slow but constant drain should suffice.
And if you lie still, because there's not a lot of lost stamina you could get in a good shooting position again pretty quickly.
So +1 for this idea.

And the 'dash crawl' as Xendance put it is a very good idea as well, like crawling on hands and feet instead of on your belly.
It would make you a higher target but faster :)
So +1 to this as well.

Upvote 0
And the 'dash crawl' as Xendance put it is a very good idea as well, like crawling on hands and feet instead of on your belly.
It would make you a higher target but faster :)
So +1 to this as well.

I meant that you would just crawl a lot faster if you'd press the "dash" button. It's very possible (reminds me of those obstacle courses with wires under which you had to crawl as fast as possible) but it does drain your stamina at least as fast as sprinting.

Upvote 0
But when would you need rolling? It reminds me of Time Crisis when you'd have annoying enemies roll out from the side or something.

Also I think it was in Hidden and Dangerous 2 where your stamina was slowly drained if you crawled, but that depended on the speed you were going. I like how you have 4 different speeds in that. But I only think that 3 would ne necessary, walk, run and sprint. It would also be pretty annoying having to wait for your stamina to recouperate when you're crawling.

Upvote 0