• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soldiers need to drink more milk

To: All supply officers and company commanders
Re: Milk

The Furher has again increased the size of his 'kittenz only!' lounge. This in due course leads to a further consumption of milk here in Berlin. All milk rations are to be halved until further notice. All current milk inventories must be counted and re-evaluated to prevent shipping excess milk to supply stations. For the Fatherland, heil Kittler!

X

From: Zenastruyokanovaniskyparastroika (loosely translated - Directorate for the Care and Provision of Stalins Most Glorious Dairy and Poultry)
To: Anatolli
Re: Ze Meelk

No more milk for the front lines. Increase Vodka rations instead. Destroy the Fascist pigs!

Ramm

EDIT: This has always kinda been around. I think it's one of those things that will/does get looked at slowly, bit by bit. It's a million times better than it used to be, though ;)

Upvote 0
i think you need to get a better look at the hieghts your jumping from. remember your character in the game is about 6 foot tall. Then think your in combat boots not exatly the best for long jumps. test it out on a map jump off something while someone else stands at the bottom just to judge hieght. If you break a leg at 6 foot jump ok fine. then get up away from the computer put some boots on load about 5lbs of junk in your pockets and pick up about a 4 foot length of 2x4 climb up a hill or something thats got a 6 foot dropoff maybe a deck if you have a 2 story house. then get a running start and jump off and land on the hard ground. Make sure you get it on video to post on youtube Everyone likes seeing people do stupid stuff on youtube.

and i think to break a leg in the game its about a 8 foot fall pretty sure its higher then your head. i think one of the devs once said it was 10 feet but i could be wrong.

Upvote 0
To: All supply officers and company commanders
Re: Milk

The Furher has again increased the size of his 'kittenz only!' lounge. This in due course leads to a further consumption of milk here in Berlin. All milk rations are to be halved until further notice. All current milk inventories must be counted and re-evaluated to prevent shipping excess milk to supply stations. For the Fatherland, heil Kittler!

X

From: Zenastruyokanovaniskyparastroika (loosely translated - Directorate for the Care and Provision of Stalins Most Glorious Dairy and Poultry)
To: Anatolli
Re: Ze Meelk

No more milk for the front lines. Increase Vodka rations instead. Destroy the Fascist pigs!

Ramm

LOL!!!

Upvote 0
Getting back on topic.....

It's hard to judge distance in a computer game on a 2d screen, perhaps you fell more then 6feet.
Even if it was only 6tf, with all that heavy equipment you may have twisted a ankle badly preventing you from walking.
If you cant walk then you are combat ineffective and you may as well be dead.....so you die! (in RO anyway!)

Upvote 0
Getting back on topic.....

It's hard to judge distance in a computer game on a 2d screen, perhaps you fell more then 6feet.
Even if it was only 6tf, with all that heavy equipment you may have twisted a ankle badly preventing you from walking.
If you cant walk then you are combat ineffective and you may as well be dead.....so you die! (in RO anyway!)

Yes but the leg falls off (like when a grenade explodes near you).

Upvote 0
Stop exaggerating, falling from 4 feet does not kill in RO, the soldiers are maybe about 6 feet tall. It is more like 12 feet, which would be a dangerous fall in real life with a rifle in your hands. The severed limbs are just to emphasize that you should not do stunts like that.

On a side-note: milk is very bad for grown-ups, it makes your bones weaker.
Milk is made for young cows, not for humans.

I don't believe this! I have drunk milk all my life and I don't have brittle bones. Everyone I know drinks lots of milk, except those that are lactose intolerant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems that German and Russian soldiers don't drink milk, because they have very fragile bones. I fell from a height of 4 feet, and my leg broke. Fall from a height of 6 feet, and you die. I know the game tries to prevent bunnyhopping, but this is outrageous!

It's not even the bones that just break, it's all the connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and whatever else is in there. It all just tears right apart!:D

Upvote 0
I've seen people jump extreme distances down without dying or breaking bones, with only a few bruises. But usually those people are ultra-fit, flexible, parkour types who roll when the hit the ground...the average russian pesant seems very lazy and far from fit (what communism can do!)

Regarding milk, milk does almost nothing to help strengthen bones. It's because of the pasteurization. Call me a health nut, or someone completely unconcerned about the 'presence of germs' in milk, but pasteurization of milk kills good bacteria naturally in the milk that allows easier absorption of the nutrients.

Too bad we're all so germ-phobic. Raw eggs and milk aren't that bad you know :) Still, I'd take cooked eggs over raw just because it actually tastes like something XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0