• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Soldiers need to drink more milk

Bear in mind when you fall and your legs are injured, you've messed up tendons, muscles, etc, you're legs aren't broken. When your legs are broken you "die" or cease to be combat effective. Which in RO is the same thing. A soldier, no matter how dedicated isn't going to drag himself and his 30 lbs of gear around with two broken ankles! At any rate, there's still no excuse for the severed limbs.. but it is entertaining jumping off a roof and having a leg sever :)

Upvote 0
roofjump.gif

Upvote 0
I don't buy that broken bone=dead in combat malarky. Theres plenty of soldiers who've been shot and kept on fighting. I say remove amputation for everything apart from atry/tank shells and just kill players for falling off something too high. And just give players a minor speed penalty for jumping off something too high but no lethal (everything above 8-10 feet) for about 1 minute after the fall.

Upvote 0
That little animated gif the guy dosnt just land he rolls off it most likely a trained gymnist. But being shot is diffrent then taking a fall and hurting yourself. If you jump break your foot or ankle or leg in combat you are dead. If you cant stand your pretty useless and thats what would happen. But... if your shot and it dosnt hit the bone you can keep moving. I have been cut on the leg down to the bone and was able to walk just fine while bleeding all over the place and i have broken my foot and ankle and leg at diffrent times and that will keep you from moving around or walking. in combat if your stuck laying or crawling around your not gonna do much good at all.

Upvote 0
To: All supply officers and company commanders
Re: Milk

The Furher has again increased the size of his 'kittenz only!' lounge. This in due course leads to a further consumption of milk here in Berlin. All milk rations are to be halved until further notice. All current milk inventories must be counted and re-evaluated to prevent shipping excess milk to supply stations. For the Fatherland, heil Kittler!

X

From: Zenastruyokanovaniskyparastroika (loosely translated - Directorate for the Care and Provision of Stalins Most Glorious Dairy and Poultry)
To: Anatolli
Re: Ze Meelk

No more milk for the front lines. Increase Vodka rations instead. Destroy the Fascist pigs!

Ramm

EDIT: This has always kinda been around. I think it's one of those things that will/does get looked at slowly, bit by bit. It's a million times better than it used to be, though ;)

If this forum had reputation points, you sir would be repped one million times.

Upvote 0
30 feet is the cut off point for the average human in terms of lethal falls and broken bones. A fall from anything lower, if you roll or plf when you hit the ground (or even just collapse, basically you dont try to straight leg it), you should be able to get up and walk away (though you might be hurting a little).

Anything higher is an almost guranteed broken bone(s) and possible lethal fall.

Upvote 0
Really depends on the physical condition and flexibility of the soldier. Falling from 10ft isn't going to hurt a human if they land correctly. Like most accidents, the damage occurs when people try and stiff up and resist it. This is why a lot of drunk drivers never get killed in the accidents they cause.

I'm in pretty good physical condition considering I run about 20-25 miles per week (I used to run about 40, but more on that later). It wasn't until I stepped on the broken end of a rum bottle while running late at night that I hurt myself. My ankle was in so much pain, but 4 days later, I was out and running again like nothing ever happened. The longterm damage, however, came to my knee. I was out of commission from June06 to late October06.

Ironically enough though, it wasn't the accident I had that had caused so much knee damage. It only brought out the damage that was already there - severe damage I had caused by drinking so much Diet Coke. Yes, I can attest because it's happened to me; aspartame toxicity is a real deal.

Upvote 0
Ironically enough though, it wasn't the accident I had that had caused so much knee damage. It only brought out the damage that was already there - severe damage I had caused by drinking so much Diet Coke. Yes, I can attest because it's happened to me; aspartame toxicity is a real deal.

Right, if you know that it was caused by aspartame, you should just sue.

Upvote 0