• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So why is this game so F'd on release?

The OP was being pretty reasonable until they used that Movie example. If you pay to see an unfinished movie and they promise it'll be fixed when it comes out of DVD that's it. That's all you get. The single viewing of the broken movie.

With most video games you paid for the license to play the game, and for the support they're going to give you at no extra charge. In RO2s case you're also paying for the content updates that will also be made available at no extra charge.

Upvote 0
BUT its a hell of a lot of fun even with all the bugs and broken features.

The fun outweighs the frustration and i know most of the bugs and issues will be fixed eventually.

^^True. It's buggy but damn it's good. In fact it's a work of art. and it seems this company does stuff about the problems. Also, who cares about the dead beats who run off to some gay star wars games.. let them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Granted, the bare-bones death-match works okay. I can actually shoot in a "shooter" game.

But how does a company dare to release an unfinished game like this? The stat tracking is ridiculous, the controls are unnecessarily clunky (yes, even for a game going for realism), and that's not even getting to the one-off anomalies.

Was Tripwire broke, needing to push the game out onto the market to stay afloat?

This seems to be the state of the game industry today, and its making PC gaming, especially, look bad. Ever since a company could patch a game, games have released in shameful condition. And we players just eat it up.

Part of me wants to blame the beta testers who just wanted to get good at the game before release, instead of reporting bugs. After all, if you paid the extra ten bucks you got in early and even earned some crappy unlocks that don't all work yet. But beside all that, there are simply too few repercussions for a company, with hype on its side, to release a solid game.

The player will suffer instead. Even if Tripwire fixes this game, the casual player, normally used for cannon-fodder, will have already run off to play Star Wars: Leia's Jugs, Finally and you'll be stuck with the same three, reasonably full, servers you had in RO1. That's right, a 64-man circle-jerk on a good day.

*Facepalm* another person who has forgotten the long past of games being released for PC that are full of bugs :'(
Remembe4r when Black ops came out and didn't work on PC? how about the Battlefield 2 bug list? Selective memory isn't good ;)

Upvote 0
What TWI do is no different to any other software maker

lots release stuff that ahs bugs gluches and problems

what TWI do/dont do is manage PR very well many games companies when they relase sumit with bugs never answer post or deal with it.

Unfortunaly for TWI they do answer post but at times there PR gets a little screwed and they either give to much info or not enough, which actually cuases more ranting as oppossed to stopping or calming ranting.

I know myself and other pull there hair out at times, think I know your dealing with this why not post "it's being delt with" and at other time i think why in hell did you post that I know it gunna cause rants & raves

The game is what it is - they will fix it they always have in past.

But TWI get your PR in order please

Upvote 0
Op is right.
Its a joke that they even considered it being released like this.
We shouldn't have to settle for it but there's too many people
Saying "don't worry, it will get fixed".
I feel sorry for them that they are so ignorant, so easilly pleased and seem to
Have no standards which makes people think releasing junk is OK, which
It isn't.
I think some people need to man up.

Reactions: SiFi
Upvote 0
Op is right.
Its a joke that they even considered it being released like this.
We shouldn't have to settle for it but there's too many people
Saying "don't worry, it will get fixed".
I feel sorry for them that they are so ignorant, so easilly pleased and seem to
Have no standards which makes people think releasing junk is OK, which
It isn't.
I think some people need to man up.

Those of us saying it will be fixed and not to worry have experience with TWI and know how dedicated they are. If anyone needs to man up it's you, vote with your wallet, get a refund and stop crying like a child :cool:

Upvote 0