• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So when's something new coming?

You could just sniff around the web for a few muts. That Doom mut is almost like playing a brand new game. I'd love to see someone make some more stuff like that. If people can put in monsters from Doom/Wolfenstein, then couldn't someone just model and program new zombies? And whatever happened to that guy making new weps?
In any case on the way there are still:
BlackCheetah's new specimen vs. (What other game mode could you ask for in a horror survival? Capture the bloat bile?)
BDVehicles looks like it may be dead, but could still go on. Then we can crush things with police cars and mini coopers.

In any case, it's probably about time for KF to start dying down on the update front, since they have new projects to worry about. But don't sweat it, in a year or two either killing floor 2 will be announced or the next sick zombie survival game will.

Upvote 0
Lol sure if you want to remain within the legal constricts of life.
Besides, what'd you pay for Killing Floor? $20?
Do you plan on playing the same game for the next few years? The only way your going to find a game that will stay constantly updated for years is if you forsake this style of gaming and become balls deep in an mmorpg. What's everquest up to these days? Like the tenth expansion?

Upvote 0
I hope they first show some more news about their main title RO:HoS. After many fails of PC fps games like MW2, BC2, Opfl2 people need new great multiplayer FPS. New Red Orchestra has opportunity to be as good as old RO and even more. There is no serious opponenet for RO. Most FPS PC game are console, arcade, simply games, which cannot be compared to RO with DH mod. RO:Hos can be great success in 2010.

We all must remember TWI is small company and they cannot work on 5 or 10 diffrent products like bigger one. Im pretty sure if they do great job with RO2, game sells well, TWI develop next KF, much much better and greater :)

Upvote 0
yeah i really hope they combine everything that was in RO into ro:hos.

it was kind of a pain to have to load darkest hour, mare nostrum separately (and didnt really find many servers for MN) i thought they shouldve put everything together and made it map-based (cc-map.rom=carpathian crossing, dh-map.rom=darkest hour, mn-map.rom=mare nostrum) that way wouldnt have to download/run everything separately.
still, i cant wait for ro:hos to blow everything out of the water (i just need a new computer to run it!)

Upvote 0
Sorry to say it, but...

Sorry to say it, but...

There are so many threads on this topic, TWI is probably hating us right now for the annoying complaints and the pressure. I have come to the conculsion that we have a constant, unquenchable thirst for updates (and Valve's blood), and the only way that TWI will ever get peace is by murdering us. Which they will. And they will enjoy it.

Upvote 0
Lol sure if you want to remain within the legal constricts of life.
Besides, what'd you pay for Killing Floor? $20?
Do you plan on playing the same game for the next few years? The only way your going to find a game that will stay constantly updated for years is if you forsake this style of gaming and become balls deep in an mmorpg. What's everquest up to these days? Like the tenth expansion?
Many people on this planet live 20 days on 20 dollars. So yes, 20 bucks is very much if you trade 20 days of stayin' alive for a mediocre zombieshooter.

Upvote 0
There are so many threads on this topic, TWI is probably hating us right now for the annoying complaints and the pressure. I have come to the conculsion that we have a constant, unquenchable thirst for updates (and Valve's blood), and the only way that TWI will ever get peace is by murdering us. Which they will. And they will enjoy it.

Well, if they ever wanted a breather, all they'll have to do is go over to the Steam forum. A lot of non-complainers there. After all, there's only one person openly criticizing them, and no one else.

Upvote 0
A lot of non-complainers there.

You know, for all the (mostly justified) hate the Steam forums receive - the KF sub-forum is actually pretty respectable. Granted, we've got you helping raise the quality of the average thread.

I'll be delighted to see a new patch released, but then again, it's hasn't been that long since the holidays. Another month could slide by and I wouldn't even notice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think there's only so much you can add to a game before its just novelty.

Can you honestly say that any of the recent ideas the community has come up with have been game worthy? I think new Zeds are the only thing that could be added now without things getting silly. Other than that, I see balancing on the horizon. And many many arguments.

Upvote 0
Many people on this planet live 20 days on 20 dollars. So yes, 20 bucks is very much if you trade 20 days of stayin' alive for a mediocre zombieshooter.
Some people, but then that's why piracy was born. There are so many things wrong with that post haha. For example, if it's mediocre, and a waste of $20, then why are you here? And $20 for a zombie shooter ... Would you rather pay $80? I'm sure this community would be a lot smaller if that were true.
Besides, judging by your previous post history, and your display image. I'd guess that you probably have a nice gaming rig, and at least one next gen console. I have a crap rig, and the only console I have is a 32bit genesis (Hell yeah). And you wanna talk about money? Haha, go be homeless for a year and tell me how you like it.

Upvote 0
I think, and with good reason, that they're very, very wary of touching balance, too.

Just look at what the "Zerker nerf" did. It rendered the chainsaw almost useless and the addition of other classes getting new weapons made the entire class obselete.

Even if they did a 100% justified nerf on something, people have become so used to the imbalanced weapons of certain *cough*Sharpshooter*cough* classes that when nerfed, they'll raise a massive fuss.

Zerker and Firebug, however, need immediate attention to remain viable in Hard/Suicidal.

Upvote 0

Yes, and I'm sure people who have to live on a dollar a day have the means to pay for both a computer and internet access... :rolleyes:

Do some people think before they post?

Upvote 0
I think there's only so much you can add to a game before its just novelty.

Can you honestly say that any of the recent ideas the community has come up with have been game worthy? I think new Zeds are the only thing that could be added now without things getting silly. Other than that, I see balancing on the horizon. And many many arguments.

Yes some of the additional game modes would go a long way in increasing KFs replayability.

Upvote 0