So when can we dual wield the Mac 10?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

So when can we dual wield the Mac 10?

• Good idea

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Happy either way

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
Since you only use the one hand when using the Mac 10 I thought that it might be fun to be able to dual wield them.

Of course if you also have the flamethrower then you should only be able to carry the one mac 10.

Is this a good or bad idea?

Deafmute

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 22, 2009
knee deep in pussy.
I think the idea doesn't really fit. Dual-wielding machine pistols just seems kind of...silly for KF. Also can you imagine how INSANE the recoil would be?

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
KF is a little silly and I think that it would suit, although you are totally right about the insane recoil. TW would probably try to make it as realistic as possible.

Undedd Jester

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2009
Sheffield, England
Far as I can see it would be a balance nightmare. THe thing is about right on suicidal, perfect IMO, but on lower difficulties is absolutely destrosy everything.

Giving a player 2 would make suicidal easier and Hard a cake walk. Firebug IMO is about right now, this I think would be a step back I'm afraid :)

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
I think you hit the nail dead on there. Mac 10 is a fearsome weapon as it is and the pyro has a pretty good balance now.

Maybe the dual wield would be highly destructive but impossible to aim, so unless they are point blank your gonna miss most of the shots. Although the amount of effort to make this would probably be pointless since you can't hit anything.

Undedd Jester

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2009
Sheffield, England
Yeah massive recoil is the only way I see it working, but still I'm skeptical on if that would be enough to offput use of it. Perhaps if dual wielding doubled the weight so the FT wasn't an option, and the ammo wasn't increased (like the handcnanons) I might see it as being ok.

But then again would that make it the new Katana for the Medic?

avp2501

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 4, 2009
Yeah I wouldn't expect the pyro to be able to carry 2 mac 10's + flamethrower. Maybe two mac's and a bullpup sort of weight.

If you could dual wield then i probably would use them as a medic since i'd still be able to carry the mp7. mmm guess that would make the medic a smg expert.

MysticCleric

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 10, 2010
It is pretty versatile as it is by itself. I think it would really dim the appeal of using other guns. Ammo would be an issue. And dual wielding would be unecessary. However as a separate mod/mutator I think it could be fun.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
Firebug*

And i'd like dual Mac-10s, but the 9x19mm Luger version that everyone knows and loves. Similar to the machine pistol in WTFmod, in strength; though slightly more than twice the ammo per SMP.

A 9mm Mac-10 is the only way it would work, IMO. Nice, but .45ACP would either be unbalanced, too high recoil to control, or both.

TL;DR, Yes, but conditions apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.