• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, we have new weapons but..

hipnox

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
nothing new to shoot at.

Technically the game got easier. We got new toys but the Zeds got nothing new. no upgrades and no new zeds.

I think the game could use either a re balancing, or a new Zed to make up for the additional firepower given to the players.

personally i would like to see the zerker get its @ss nerfed. but that's just me

nothing new to shoot at.

Technically the game got easier. We got new toys but the Zeds got nothing new. no upgrades and no new zeds.

I think the game could use either a re balancing, or a new Zed to make up for the additional firepower given to the players.

personally i would like to see the zerker get its @ss nerfed. but that's just me

i actually agree with that. It does make sense and when you think about it, the game is actually easier. +1 for you

Upvote 0

It would certainly be nice to have the movement speed and damage resistance pared down. Maybe 25% run (same movement speed as the medic) or 20% at level six? Possibly drop the damage resistance from 40% to 30% (or lower) at level 6? That way it's not *as* easy to run away from everything, and screwing up and taking damage would be more of a punishment for sloppy play than it currently is.

Too bad 1st wasted abandoned these forums for the steam ones, they seem to love him over there. It'd be nice to get his opinion.

Reactions: Meismenotyou
Upvote 0
Maybe remove/reduce the zerker's damage resistance to bloat vile on suicidal/hoe and/or make Siren's scream bypass Zerker's damage resistance. Or remove the "can't be grabbed by clots" power on Suicidal/Hoe

As it is, zerker is the one class that i don't like having in my team. On hard or below, a lvl6 zerkers just takes away all the fun from the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what is up with all this zerker hatin?

zerker is just as good as anyother class. and don't forget it have disatvantage against crawlers, husks, sirens and dont make me talk about how long time it uses to kill a fp or a scrake.

1-2 xbow shot with the sharpshooter and anything is dead... which is 10times slower with any zerker...

if you are going to nerf zerker for its speed and damage reduction... what does it really have then? you could just play medic instead. nothing would make zerker special then...

Upvote 0
nothing new to shoot at.

I believe that while we certainly received different delivery systems to visit violence upon the specimens, I'm not at all certain they represent something I'd describe as "additional firepower," since, after all, one can only carry so much of anything into combat. I'd say additional variety might be more appropriate. Personally, I'm finding the update has made the game somewhat more interesting; I haven't seen it as being any easier, however. Perhaps I haven't discovered a particular perk and weapon(s) combination?

I'm not attempting to be combative, but I'm not, as yet, seeing how any of the new weapons, either individually or collectively, resulted in causing the Berserker to suddenly become overpowered. (Or, if one prefers, more overpowered.) Playing 'zerker isn't the way I roll, but while using that perk and trying the Claymore for a few waves in a 4-person Hard map, I wasn't left with the impression that it was any sort of game-changer. True, that short excercise wasn't a comprehensive evaluation, so I'll leave any discussion of that particular weapon as being possibly OP to others.

It has always struck me that the Berserker's need to close to melee distance, and then appearing to the specimens as a freshly baked pizza for having done so, will always be a source of contention when discussing the balance of gameplay. Since the 'zerker draws a crowd, he/she is nearly always in a target-rich environment. Since that crowd is a huge temptation, (quite understandably, I think), for the bullets, buckshot, flame and grenades of others, the 'zerker, (also understandably), wanders off to where he /she can practice their craft undisturbed. And then, *sometimes*, discontent follows...

Upvote 0
Maybe remove/reduce the zerker's damage resistance to bloat vile on suicidal/hoe and/or make Siren's scream bypass Zerker's damage resistance. Or remove the "can't be grabbed by clots" power on Suicidal/Hoe

As it is, zerker is the one class that i don't like having in my team. On hard or below, a lvl6 zerkers just takes away all the fun from the game.

Ok lets add new weapons and remove berzerker perk to free some ram memory!

Upvote 0
what is up with all this zerker hatin?

zerker is just as good as anyother class. and don't forget it have disatvantage against crawlers, husks, sirens and dont make me talk about how long time it uses to kill a fp or a scrake.

1-2 xbow shot with the sharpshooter and anything is dead... which is 10times slower with any zerker...

if you are going to nerf zerker for its speed and damage reduction... what does it really have then? you could just play medic instead. nothing would make zerker special then...

Spoiler!

tl;dr It's a fun class to play and I know the perk's bonus values won't change, that's just my take on it.

Upvote 0
If we are to get a new zed, I want to see Brute officially added to specimen list, with some animation and texture tweaks. But I wouldn't ask TWI to make a brand new zed. I hardly know anything about modeling and animation, but I'm pretty sure a new zed takes much more time to make and polish than a weapon pack, especially since most KF weapons are based on real ones.

Upvote 0
nothing new to shoot at.

i actually agree with that. It does make sense and when you think about it, the game is actually easier. +1 for you

Xbow, Hunting shotgun, M14, SCAR...

But no the addition of some medium guns just... Was too much for the Zeds to handle :rolleyes:

Hahaha :D

Are you guys just two friends trolling together or something? ;)

Upvote 0
Trollling

my logic

Pre christmas: N guns , Y zeds
Post Christmas: N+X guns, Y zeds

it doesn't matter in which tier this guns are. they are additions to the arsenal. they offer more choice, more combinations and in some cases, allow perks to do things they could/shouldn't do.

>The Husk FL allows FB to take on Scrakes, FPs and even the patriarch
>The revolver is a low weight alternative to the HC
>The M4 203 gives Demo some close quarter capabilities.

The fact that some of these weapons are underpowered/overcosted/too heavy right now means nothing, as patching will take care of that later.

huh? did the game get easier? didnt they do as weapons on map vanish like 11times during a game? that would increase difficulty?

I can't call nerf on a strategy that's no longer available if i never used, and never felt was needed to succeed to begin with.

so yeah, in the end, the players got new stuff and the zeds got nothing. New weapons invite for new strategies.

My Zerker hate was missinterpreted. This pack doesn't make the zerker overpowered, but it does boost the players as a team. As such, i was pointing out the need to balance human teams as a whole, and one of those ways is to nerf berserker. It is too powerfull in it's current state, specially on maps which require mobility like Hospital horrors

PD: Oh btw the husk cannon is NOT a medium weapon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Useless thread.

We wanted new weapons. TWI delivered. Most of the new weapons are put in the game for variety.

Nothing overpowered or underpowered,they just add more fun to the game. And while we got new toys to play with,im sure that adding a new zed will turn this game into a cluster**** bigger than it already is,for example HoE matches with lvl 0 teammates.

Let me explain:

If TWI adds The Brute:
Sharpshooter will have a hard time killing Brutes,alongside with Zerker,Medic and Firebug. Brute=Armored fleshpound that can insta charge anyone who rages him. I can see Demo's and Mando's killing brutes, Both perks got an M4 w/ sight/nade launcher,which can kill crawlers and other trash zeds,and the nade launcher might be usefull on brutes,but it wont be as effective compared to the other weapons in the demolitions arsenal.

If TWI adds another ranged specimen(for example,the Fleshpound Chaingunner)

...you sure you want another ranged specimen? The husk is good as it is,really.

If TWI adds a variated trash zed(example-Shiver)

This one might be good. The shiver is something between a clot(damage-wise),a stalker(cloak-teleport abillities) and a gorefast(speed). Pretty variated,a nice addition to the trash zeds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do understand why you made this thread,it does feel like we get an advantage with the new weapons,but in fact,we dont. And it would be wierd for TWI to gift us a new specimen for Christmas,so we can die from it(and eventually kill it).

I think that there is a more important matter that needs to be discussed,and that is the memory problem KF has.
We got new weapons but...what did we sacrifice? Tons of quotes from the Christmas zeds(i do realise we couldnt hear most of them ingame),some changes on the zed textures(less detailed,low poly versions of last year's TC,but it was not like we could check out all the details ingame...).

I really dont think that we will miss the things mentioned above,but if were ever going to see Female characters,more new weapons or even new zeds TWI must cut more and more "unused" content from the game to satisfy the players. Clearly,my opinion on this problem is that TWI should NOT add more weapons/zeds for a long timespan,so they dont have to lower the resolution of zed textures,remove sounds and the worst things of all...remove some precious Zynthetic songs...

But,im fine with other Summer Sideshow-like events,perhaps another great crossover event like the Portal ARG(The Ball *hint hint*),since TWI doesnt need to cut content when releasing DLC chars or new models for the event zeds.

P.S About the weapon vanishing
This did make HoE games more challenging,but lets be honest,weapon stacking was never a part of the game. It was a mere trick,or a cheat,nothing else.

P.S.S Merry Twisted Christmas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0