• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, we have new weapons but..

Are you a stupid??

Are you a stupid??

Maybe remove/reduce the zerker's damage resistance to bloat vile on suicidal/hoe and/or make Siren's scream bypass Zerker's damage resistance. Or remove the "can't be grabbed by clots" power on Suicidal/Hoe

As it is, zerker is the one class that i don't like having in my team. On hard or below, a lvl6 zerkers just takes away all the fun from the game.

Maybe in Hoe, Fiel Medic can't buy body armor and do not have medical syringe.

Maybe in Hoe, reduce the penetration and the damage of the Support to 2%.

Maybe in HoE, reduce the Sharpshooter headshot damage to -50%??

Maybe in Hoe, Commando unable to see the life, or the Stalkers and Patriarch, and 0% bonus of all the abilities.

Maybe in Hoe, Firebug unable to buy the Flamethower and 0 grenades and not have incendiary bullets of the Mac 10.

Maybe in Hoe, Demolitions can't buy the M32 grenade launcher and they have no resistance to the explosions.

Remove the Berserker damage????. you are a idiot??.

Remove the "can't grabbed by clots"????. you are a stupid???

Remove the "Bloat Bile Damage"????.... you are a retarded???.

Better you think "Remove all Perks of Killing Floor".

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy and C_Gibby
Upvote 0
"bogospawn" has the right idea. The game would really only get easier if we could carry the new weapons in addition to the old ones, as the new weapons have no significant amount of damage increase over what was available.

The logic follows that if the Zeds can still deal the same amount of damage that they did before, and the player gets no increase of damage from the new weapons (either from individual output, or from carrying more weapons), then logically it doesn't follow that the game would get easier. In fact, it would follow that it would get harder if the new weapons are employed (again, as there is no significant damage bonus increase from the new weapons, according to the statistical files in the game cache).

But you can use some of the new ones in addition to the old ones.

.44 Magnum can fit into some builds due to its lo weight

M4+Ak can replace Bullpup+Ak (same weight) and for what i've gathered, a lot of people in the forum think the M4 is better than the bullpup

Combat shotgun allows a low level support to get a cheaper, smaller AA12 type weapon, earlier in the game.

And simply comparing damage output doesn't really cut it. Where does the Husk FL's ability to stun 6man Hoe Scrakes in 1 bodyshot get accounted for? Also the fact that The husk FL is lighter than the flamer allowas the creation of new load outs? And the M4's ability to (poorly in its current form) counter one of Demo's weakness?

This makes no sense to me. If a weapon is underpowered, expensive and heavy, how does that make the game easier? And how do you know they will patch this to compensate in those specific categories?

read my post. i said RIGHT NOW. as of right now, the M4 203 is too heavy and too expensive to be useful. this can (and probably will) on later patches. The game went through several balancing patches and some weapons, like the M14 are nothing copared to what they where when they first came out.

This is the first time they add a weapon with 2 different ammo clips with completely different types of rounds. It's highly unlikely they nailed the weight, cost, ROF, clip size and damage all in their first try.

I still fail to see how the addition of 7 weapons to one team and nothing to the other doesn't have any impact on balancing

RAM and cache issues are a whole other story and i cannot argue against that. i was speaking from a pure balancing view

Upvote 0
hipnox, I think it's far too early to be worrying about balancing weapons. New ZEDs are game changers, and if you want that play on custom servers. Most of the weapons are minor changes on what is already there. You haven't present any argument for changes I could agree with, and you seem to be worrying about minor detail which is dwarf by the fact the game is currently harder due to the influx of new inexperienced perk level 0's joining all difficulties of the game.

Reactions: AlphaBoy
Upvote 0
You don't even need an AA12, honestly. I play HoE, and rarely use one. The pump is actually better, and a lot cheaper. It does a lot more damage per shell, reloads one at a time so you can shoot, reload a shell, and shoot again if you need to. It also has much better range. The only time I use AA is patty or screwing around. I'd rather have a pump and handcannon any day. I find the combat shotgun to be pretty sorry as well, slow reload and the damage isn't that great, and it is expensive.

Upvote 0
I personally wouldn't say the game got any easier by the new weapons. They don't have the same amount of power as the SCAR, AA12 etc and if anything they are between other weapons. What they offer is variety and a bit of a change. I don't play commando, but you won't see me use an M4 on HoE over a SCAR or an AK and neither a Claymore over a katana simply because the others are just better in my opinion.

Of course, a new zed would be nice and if one was ever to be added, I'd love to see the Shiver added for reasons already stated.

Reactions: AlphaBoy and Aze
Upvote 0