• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So.. no random/intelligent spawning?

Innociv

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
I'm guessing we aren't getting this, and they'll just keep coming out from the predictable/memorizable spots on maps every time, otherwise something like "*Intelligent specimen spawning keeps things from being predictable" would of been on the features list.

Hm oh sweet. I really wish there was more information, especially so close to release. Less predictability is good..

Is it like.. KF mod, but it chooses one area at random? Or are there tons more spawn areas that are chosen at random? Or do they spawn in dynamically without spawning locations set by mappers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it scary?
I mean I got two kids, one who is totally terrified by ZOMBIES (he's 21 ffs).
After taking all parental strategies possible, I finally got him playing L4D, believe me, it wasn't easy...
The truth of the matter is that, L4D is not scary, its just sort of... fun!

So, marketing forces aside (I'm talking to you Mr VP), is it scary...?
Can I gift this game to a lad who shoe's size 12/45 but has a Zombie phobia :eek: and spends most of his time playing FM 2009, gawd dammit...

Thanks for the Tanks...51...

Upvote 0
Is it scary?
I mean I got two kids, one who is totally terrified by ZOMBIES (he's 21 ffs).
After taking all parental strategies possible, I finally got him playing L4D, believe me, it wasn't easy...

Well, judging by the trailer I would say you are going to have a hard time trying to him to play the game :(

It is one of the most atmospheric, oppressive and gory games I've seen in a while and that's why I like it so much!! :D

Upvote 0
This is a serious question, no kidding :D...
I've already ordered 2 copies, the other boy eats ZombieToast for breakfast.
Anyhow, I've been advised to wait before doing anything unwise, (MumTalk).
Jeez, he was playing CS & DoD before DSL was invented.
I blame it on myself (Parental Guilt) and IDsoftware(Doom...)

LOL...

Upvote 0
Well, marketing b/s aside... I am a "mediocre" player, get caught up and am not constantly facing every which way - so I get surprised and jump out of my skin from time to time. Doesn't help when you miss the signs of some almost-invisible specimenette and I end up shouting loudly!

If he is a zombie-wuss, buy him a copy and have a bloody good laugh :)

Upvote 0