So... loading screens

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

breadtruck

Nov 21, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Anyone know how to convert the loading screens from the mod for use in RO:O?

I tried doing it the old-fashioned UT04 way (.utx file, ect) , and sadly it didnt work.

I would really like to add these 2 to the rotation, as a hint to the good ole days. Plus it'll be something new to look at again instead of the other 4 or 5, so any help would be appreciated. :)

If anyone wants the original files for the images (before the .jpg conversion and photobucket compression) let me know. Maybe someone else can figure it out. :eek:

ROmodLoadingScreen1asjpg.jpg

ROmodLoadingScreen2asjpg.jpg

Last edited:

breadtruck

Nov 21, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
I ripped em out the mod. I can send you the files in an email if you like. PM me your address.

Otherwise, if your asking where to look at them from your own files, they are in "Ro-Posters" in the Redorchestra "textures" folder of the mod. Youll need to use the Unreal Editor to view it though.

[-project.rattus-]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
Manstein said:
those aren't property of Tripwire, that's why they aren't in Ostfront
But I guess the author wouldn't oppose if TW made new ones, that follow the same basic idea, like Infantry manual and tactics on Infantry maps, anti tank (and anti infantry) tipps on CA maps, and tank manuals and tricks for tank maps...

Last edited:

Helmut_AUT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2005
I'm using, for offline play, an extracted version of the .gcf files. So in theory, I should have access to the textures and simple overwriting with a correct UT2004 texture format might work.

But I don't know where they are in the retail game?