• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So how is DLC (free or otherwise) going to work with RO2?

Only RS is an in-house mod.

No, TWI have nothing to do with the development of RS, it's still made by a mod team. Only when RS nears its release they will polish it up if it's good enough and if it is, they will release it as an expansion.

Yes, what I meant by in-house was that it's being made in tandem with RO2 using the official mod tools and working alongside (even if not with) the TWI staff. If those mods are really good (as opposed to just pretty good) then they'll get the full treatment and a commercial release.

As far as I know there are only three such mods so far.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering... for the paid DLC in the vein of KF, cosmetic only, TW could go for more detailed uniforms of actual historic units present at the batlle of Stalingrad. It wouldn't change the game in any way but would be a cool way of supporting TW and add a bit of more historical feeling into the game.
I like the general idea, but it would be kind of weird if you had 20 soldiers running around, each with different division/regimental patches on their uniforms.

Upvote 0
or maybe they could do something like that radiohead album? where each person who downloads the DLC chooses how much to pay

I woulden't bet on it, that would be a rather big risk to take for a young company like TWI, but on the flipside, TWI has shown they've got the balls to do things differently, and the community has given them lots of support in return, so it's not impossible that they might considder something along thouse lines, you never know, they just might be crazy enough to give something like that a chance..

Upvote 0
i think it goes without saying that TW will not make any paid dlc that has any effect on gameplay. their model goes like this, release game people buy it, release new maps more people buy it.

i will be happy paying for RS fs it does become paid dlc, my only fear is allot of people may not buy it and the player base may suffer.

for this reason i think a server browser that shows servers for RO and the mods in the same screen would be great. (would be even better if you could join without changing the game. but i dont know if that would work)

Upvote 0