• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So how DO you win a game?

Moving under cover, suppression fire, flanking fire, take objective, set up defensive positions, defend.

Or, we could just run around and shoot things until we die, then do that again until one team wins for some reason. It's fun and just like real combat. Men, we are launching Operation Barbarossa tomorrow. Everbdoy rush M0zk0w cap z0n3!
Cover fire, suppression fire, flanking (?) fire all of those sound like team tactics, which I can set up with enough communication. Without a lot communication you can either play the objectives and try to capture points or go for kills by getting in advantageous position and punish the people going for the objectives.
I am talking about the normal public game server situation and not about a clan war.
All people please stop those "funny" everything needs to be as areal as it can be stuff. It's game and I am happy that it is no simulation because I never would like to "play" real Stalingrad.

Reactions: skewp
Upvote 0
Part of the problem I have when trying to explain each map to clanmembers, is that most maps have very different victory conditions. Some maps you need to capture every objective to win, some only >50%, and some you lose as a defender if you don't have >50% captured. There isn't a clear way of knowing what the exact conditions are for victory (from map to map). A small briefing about exactly what needs to be achieved would go a long way. For example, when in the Team Select screen, above each team icon it has a very staightforward list of objectives with the all important victory guidelines.

Upvote 0
There isn't a clear way of knowing what the exact conditions are for victory (from map to map). A small briefing about exactly what needs to be achieved would go a long way. For example, when in the Team Select screen, above each team icon it has a very staightforward list of objectives with the all important victory guidelines.
Actually the objectives for your side are printed on the right hand side of the overhead map. I think it may even update its conditions? Anyways, it's easy to overlook but it is there.

Upvote 0
Part of the problem I have when trying to explain each map to clanmembers, is that most maps have very different victory conditions. Some maps you need to capture every objective to win, some only >50%, and some you lose as a defender if you don't have >50% captured. There isn't a clear way of knowing what the exact conditions are for victory (from map to map). A small briefing about exactly what needs to be achieved would go a long way. For example, when in the Team Select screen, above each team icon it has a very staightforward list of objectives with the all important victory guidelines.

I totally agree. The map win conditions need to be laid out during the loading screen or as a splash screen on map load.

Even better would be a short video runthrough of the map (like Team Fortress 2) to ensure that newer players know what to do and don't run around aimlessly.

Upvote 0
Actually the objectives for your side are printed on the right hand side of the overhead map. I think it may even update its conditions? Anyways, it's easy to overlook but it is there.

Not which objectives to capture, but what the conditions for victory are. For instance how many objectives do we need to control in order to win. Because this does change from map to map. The map only shows the current objective to attack defend. I'm referring to the conditions under which your team wins/loses. For instance on Baracks since it is a dual attack, whichever team controls >50% of the objective wins when the time runs out. But other maps with clear attackers/defenders the victory conditions are different. While this may be obvious to those of us who played RO1, most of the people in my clan never did. This has proven to be confusing to new players, and probably could use some better explainations.

Upvote 0