• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, about Battlefield Commissions.

I tried to take over as commander and it wouldn't let me :( It is sorta odd though. "Hey your doing really great at that class! ... you should switch"

If I'm doing good I typically don't want to switch classes. I wish you could queue up for a class and that person continues to perform poorly you take over. I don't really care for the straight up infantry roles, but for tank commander and platoon commander a bad player can wreck a team.

Upvote 0
I like it because often I am in games where the most important roles are filled with people who have no experience, no idea what they are doing and run around like headless chickens, reminds me of the people who took squad leader in RO1 just to get an SMG and a pistol, then refused to leave the role.

I rarely see squad leaders deploy smoke, and I often see Commanders rushing in only to get killed immediately. I think the system should be changed, such as if you are a rifleman and you get a commission you could be elite rifleman or marksman, depending on if the players are doing bad in their respective roles.

if you are an elite rifleman or assault trooper, you should get a choice to be a squad leader, and if you are a squad leader you should get a chance to take over the commander role. Some sort of ladder so not anybody that does good can pick any role he chooses.

I often get the commission but I usually deny it, but when i do accept, it always says the role is taken, and it doesn't do anything anyway :(

Worst of all is to see the germans in territory on Grain Elevator just camping at spawn taking shots at the soviets, and squad leaders just sitting around somewhere instead of deploying their smoke so the troops can advance :mad:

TL;DR
Commissions should be limited depending on what role you are, so any rifleman can not suddenly become the commander, and squad leaders should do their damn job and lead the charge!!!
:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
I get it a lot totally at random. But I allways seem to get it when I finish top of the scoreboard, which is a good thing.

There is however a glitch where I pick my class and never spawn after getting the commision. I then have to choose another class and suddenly I spawn with the class I chose first and promptly commit suicide.

Upvote 0
This feature is really giving me lots of frustration.

A player can steal your role even when you are doing well and it does so without warning.

Snipers usually stay back and support, anyone who is doing a lot of capping can jump in a swag it from your hands.

I was doing a good job as squad leader, my team mates were spawning on me and we had some good voice coms going on mumble. I was second to top on scoreboard, then I could not spawn. Someone had been awarded commission and took the role without warning so this completely broke the teamplay with the guys on mumble. In this instance I could have chose the other squad leader role as not many players were on server, but then my mates have to join that squad with limited player classes.

Upvote 0
Wait, so you are saying someone is getting a battlefield commission midgame and taking your slot?

I have only ever been offered a battefield commission at the end of a round and then only if I was one of the higher scoring players. I have always declined because I prefer to be a rifleman.

To the best of my knowledge, its only suppossed to happen after a round ends. If it happens at other times, there might be a bug, but I'm not sure on that.

At first, yea. That has seemed to stop, for me atleast.

Random people still seem to be getting them midround though. A friend of mine got one a bit at the start of a round, and he didn't do well the round before.

When it comes to taking roles when some one is doing bad, isn't that what that one vote option is for? I mean, it seems kinda wrong to just take some one's slot because some one personally feels that they weren't doing their job properly.

Upvote 0
I really don't know what I shall write about battlefield commissions, but I know one for sure, it can and IS very often a backshot for the entire team.

Lets say you play a squad leader and have a full squad of players with you. YOU as Squad Leader are doing the Job what you are meant to: mobile spawn, so you stay out of action to survive while spawning you mates so they can attack the nearby enemy objective, and then, it happens, your squad is decimated to 4 soldiers (out of 8) and all others are waiting to spawn near you. while they wait, the other 4 players who are defending or capturing the final objective are in serious trouble and are in need of help asap. BOOM squad leader dies while the rest of the squad could NOT spawn at his position now because a "better" player decided to accept his so called "field commission" and chooses YOUR Squad leader position.
so it ends in a catastrophic slaughter of your 4 squadmembers who did their best to capture / defend the last objective while they were waiting for the really needed reinforcements from their squad leaders mobile spawn.
You really think battlefield commissions are good for anything? I say no, its often a backshot and does more harm than good to the own team.

There are alot more examples like this and its ruining the game besides its really annoying if you die and do not know why.

sorry battlefield comissions should be a server option, so admins could turn this thing off.

oh I have a sugestion how a battlefield promotion should or could work:

Say you are an riflemen with K98, so now you are the best on the map, you get a comission and now you can not choose another class of OTHER teammembers, but you could actually choose any weapon from now on to the end of the round, all weapons would be unlocked now for you while you are still playing as riflemen in your squad, but you could use MP40, or MG34, or even scoped K98 whatever. THIS would be a good and better reward and it would not last for long anyways because it would end with the end of the round (or map).

Upvote 0