• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Sneak Peak: RO-Altdamm

Ok, since this map is taking me so long to finish in its totality, I've decided to take another approach in releasing it. This is what I am going to do.

Instead of releasing the whole thing in a half-assed manner at the end of this month which is what I promised, what I'm going to do instead is put out each objective (which usually comprises several secondary objectives) as mini-levels. In an episodic manner, if you will. Eventually all 5 objectives will make up a map pack named "Battle at Altdamm".

First episode will be "Mortar Hunt"

Good idea or no?

I would say do the entire map even if it takes longer instead of several mini-maps. Take the time to release it the way you want it to be, not by a promise date that you gave us. I know I will still be around to play and enjoy it then. :D

Upvote 0
The Soviets made use of pfausts later in the war whenever they could get their hands on them, which was frequently towards the end. They were designated RPG-1. For now, I'm keeping them in, but if Beta play shows that there is an imbalance between sides, I am open to wrapping this one player role into semi-auto rifle or something else. :)

EDIT: looks like you guys beat me to it. NVM

Upvote 0
Sander,

Thanks for the additional information. I definitely have enough StuG's in the level. It's interesting to see that they have only one Panther listed for the Norland, and none for Nederland. Most of the films and photos I've managed to dig up from fighting in that area show at least 6 -7 Panthers present. Maybe it's the same 2 or 3 Panthers shown over and over...

Upvote 0
BTW, I'm still looking for a modeler/skinner help me implement a Soviet greatcoat class, even if we have to adapt the German greatcoat model. :)

It's going to be silly seeing the Russkis running around in either their snowgear or summer outfits on this map.:eek:

Problem with the german graetcoat model is that it includes german field gear - i think it would be sillier seeing russians running around with german breadbags, waterbooles, messtins & zeltbahns than seeing them in russian uniforms.

Upvote 0