• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SMG Recoil reducer D/L!

Ok now the files download fine, however you dont get anything other than a primary weapon ie the commander has no grenades or binoculars or pistol.

Thats very strange.. theres nothing in my code that touches grenades or sidearms, or anything else apart from the full auto weapons.

Does this happen to the host aswell? or just everyone else?

Upvote 0
The standard mutator functions I'm using for switching inventory objects on the fly seem to brake the inventory chain online leaving you only with the primary weapon in hands. Side effects of needing to do this as a mutator... same for the 200 unneeded classes...
Will check this out now...

bAddToServerPackages=True added, thx for the quote

The damage reduction due to penetration is not really that high but it results in you not being able to kill someone sometimes for whatever reason offline as well as online. Headshots seem to work always if the projectile was able to penetrate but body hits sometimes do not even leave a scratch.
So I can now dig thru the damage stuff of the RO pawn classes if something is blocking the takedamage even without our modification actually changing the ProcessTouch function that causes the damage within the projectile.

Seems something to do with the mutator itself

Upvote 0
Ok now the files download fine, however you dont get anything other than a primary weapon ie the commander has no grenades or binoculars or pistol.
As described in my INFPenetration thread the actual reason for the player being unable to switch weapons is a more or less unneeded check for the Role inventory items being in the players inventory. That's done on the client side.

Whenever you edit a Roles loadout/inventory or if you exchange weapons or other inventory objects that are listed within the different Roles loadouts, then you need to make sure that the variable needed for weapon switching that is then no longer set within the clients verification check is set by your mutator.

One of several methods possible is using an inventory item for this. The INFPenetration mutator uses an item called INFVerifyInventory. It is given to any pawn by the mutators ModifyPlayer function like this:
Code:
 if ( ROPawn(Other) != None )
  ROPawn(Other).CreateInventory("INFPenetration.INFVerifyInventory");
It itself then simply sets the clientside variable to true:
Code:
class INFVerifyInventory extends Inventory;
simulated function Tick(float DeltaTime)
{
 if ( Owner != None && ROPawn(Owner) != None && !ROPawn(Owner).bRecievedInitialLoadout ) {
  ROPawn(Owner).bRecievedInitialLoadout = True;
 }
 Super.Tick(DeltaTime);
}

That's all that is needed. You actually do not need to try to get both Roles loadout versions on the client and server to match exactly then anymore.

Upvote 0
can you put the version number in the filename next time, otherwise ppl with an older version will get a mismatch error ;)

and this is just a request can you make a button to enable and disable smg recoiling and mg recoiling. Some ppl only want modified mg recoil some only want modified smg recoil. (the best would maybe be if you could make the settings and numbers you change able to change from within the webadmin so server admins could fiddle around with it ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you put the version number in the filename next time, otherwise ppl with an older version will get a mismatch error ;)

and this is just a request can you make a button to enable and disable smg recoiling and mg recoiling. Some ppl only want modified mg recoil some only want modified smg recoil. (the best would maybe be if you could make the settings and numbers you change able to change from within the webadmin so server admins could fiddle around with it ^^.

Woah there, im a newbie coder, i wouldent know where to start on something like that, let alone how to make it ;)

But as i said in the initial post, she be open source, i've got the ball rolling now, anyone who wishes to is welcome to pick it up and run with it, and add any such features.

Upvote 0
I've been trying to get this recoil mutator to be put on our [=LM=] clan server...just wish the admin wasn't so damn slow.

Btw, I love the mutator. MGs are friggin killing machines now!

However, there is probably one bug/oversight you should look into. It seems that the MG42 and the DP28 have almost 0 recoil, but the MG34 seems to have the same amount of recoil as it had before. Last time I tested the mutator was version 1.5

EDIT: btw, what are the IPs for the Core #1 and dbduk? I can't seem to find em.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The download service is rather poo, if nobody downloads the file in 30 days, they delete it, so thats probably what has happened.

Im off to bed now (well in an houers time or so, but im too tired to do any coding), but tomorow i'll check out the MG-34 and see if i have indeed made an oversight, and then re-upload the mutator, with fixes if needed (then it'll be version 1.6).

And you are extremely welcome to mirror the file GS_Schimpf, this free upload service thing is as good as useless, a solid mirror would be great!

Upvote 0