• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Smaller crosshair in KF2?

I think part of the problem is that no one wants to solve it. The reason why the crosshair is tolerated currently is BECAUSE it's not small and static.

Also, this isn't source engine. Pretty sure once the source codes are released, there will be options added.

If you want it non-dynamic and smaller right now, just put tape on your monitor and draw on your own crosshair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Isn't the whole point of this, so people don't have to put tape or a dot on their monitor?
Seems a bit arbitrary to be against it.

If a crosshair is such a problem, reduce non-ads accuracy.
people like to be spoon fed.. why don't they just put aimbots in games so people don't even have to aim and just click one button to shoot? :rolleyes:

this game so much more fun without a crosshair
to me the only reason it's there is to cater to console players and people who play with a sh*tty game pad. yes, you can still play without the crosshair on a pad, but 99% of the people who use a pad like thing to be easy with minimal effort or work involved.

i think TW made it the way it is because they wanted to add the crosshair to the game without making it "too easy" to point and shoot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why are people getting so up in arms over this, It's a fricken crosshair, You can either use it or not use it.
I think it's more people judging players because they use it.

"Oh, you have to play with aim-assist? You're not hardcore enough."

"Oh, you play with the mod that puts nipples on sirens and stalkers? You have a weird fetish."

The player can use it or not, but the judging from others that comes with it is not so easily avoided.

Upvote 0
I think it's more people judging players because they use it.

"Oh, you have to play with aim-assist? You're not hardcore enough."

"Oh, you play with the mod that puts nipples on sirens and stalkers? You have a weird fetish."

The player can use it or not, but the judging from others that comes with it is not so easily avoided.

I don't use the crosshair because i can aim via ironsights and have a general idea where center screen is (not that it REALLY matters as a demo) But my friends do, Doesn't fuss me at all.

Upvote 0
Personally, there should be a custom crosshair feature like UT had but never used. It was coded in but disabled (kinda like KF is currently but this has an option). Maybe see about replacing it with your own version?

Crosshairs are not something I like in KF but I can see how some may like it. Just a personal preference and I wont judge anyone on their opinion on it and no one else should either. I know the center bang on so I tend to not scope etc :p

Upvote 0
I like it how it's considered wild that some people might want to play with a crosshair, because they are you know.. visually impaired and like the guidance.

There's also playercard ui for that purpose so you can see how much HP your team has.

I would also like to change my crosshair but it seems to be a hidden taboo :)

Upvote 0