• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Small Update Released!

Does this mean that the German Commander's artillery strike is suddenly cancelled when he gets kicked for TK by the server because a few of his underlings strayed too far into the fire, ridding the Axis team of the artillery advantage? If so, that should have been taken into consideration.

Apart from that, good things.

Upvote 0
GJ TWI! This should cut way down on the arty spamming in noartyzones! I just hope next patch they fix the exploit on Danzig that lets you scale that one wall just by looking up and hitting the forward button. People use it all the time to snipe from the second floor windows and kill people from afare.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying that team killing is a good practice, but why not implement a perma-ban system for fools that pull this arty tk junk instead of letting them play at all. Or perhaps implement a way for a commander to "tag" a player in-game as a cowardly player, a team killer or a courageous player. This would give other players a better idea of what the teammates around them are thinking/doing. In turn, they might be more apt to follow a courageous player forward into a cap zone than lay next to a cowardly player who stays in spawn team killing people because they can't make out the uniform difference from so far away. I shake my head in wonder at the devs priorities as i feel that, dude! How come I still juggle weapons while trying to pick up ammo pouches or nades? Does no one else notice that they must drop everything when they try to pick one thing up? Why does everything a dead player drop land on top of whatever you want to pick up? Aren't you guys a joke fixing this team kill stuff for the crying babies who get team killed before you fix a major game play issue like this rancid weapon switch. Why are you making the game play easier on those who act foolishly or die quicker instead of putting a premium on staying alive? Are you purposefully ignoring players who dont die before they run out of ammo in an attempt to appease the mass of mindless non-players? I find it hard to believe that it was this hard to keep stuff on your possession while picking things up on the eastern front in real life. Why can't you make a happy medium of at least not showing the un-pick-up-able weapons that are dropped into tricky map locations? After all, who likes to drop their weapon only to find out that the one they wanted is only visually represented and not available to be picked up? I would say that the weapon switch is such a major factor in realism, it effects all players on all maps, tank maps, combined arms maps and even the ones that have no artillery. To ignore such a major issue in the past 2 updates to this "realism" game is pure foolishness.

Upvote 0
Have you been in a server when some jackass did this arty TK trick? This needed to be addressed immediately. We all have ideas for fixes we'd like to see. Personally I think, for realism's sake, the time it takes to switch from primary to secondary weapons should be increased. Doesn't mean its gonna happen :eek:

I'm not saying that team killing is a good practice, but why not implement a perma-ban system for fools that pull this arty tk junk instead of letting them play at all. Or perhaps implement a way for a commander to "tag" a player in-game as a cowardly player, a team killer or a courageous player. This would give other players a better idea of what the teammates around them are thinking/doing. In turn, they might be more apt to follow a courageous player forward into a cap zone than lay next to a cowardly player who stays in spawn team killing people because they can't make out the uniform difference from so far away. I shake my head in wonder at the devs priorities as i feel that, dude! How come I still juggle weapons while trying to pick up ammo pouches or nades? Does no one else notice that they must drop everything when they try to pick one thing up? Why does everything a dead player drop land on top of whatever you want to pick up? Aren't you guys a joke fixing this team kill stuff for the crying babies who get team killed before you fix a major game play issue like this rancid weapon switch. Why are you making the game play easier on those who act foolishly or die quicker instead of putting a premium on staying alive? Are you purposefully ignoring players who dont die before they run out of ammo in an attempt to appease the mass of mindless non-players? I find it hard to believe that it was this hard to keep stuff on your possession while picking things up on the eastern front in real life. Why can't you make a happy medium of at least not showing the un-pick-up-able weapons that are dropped into tricky map locations? After all, who likes to drop their weapon only to find out that the one they wanted is only visually represented and not available to be picked up? I would say that the weapon switch is such a major factor in realism, it effects all players on all maps, tank maps, combined arms maps and even the ones that have no artillery. To ignore such a major issue in the past 2 updates to this "realism" game is pure foolishness.

Upvote 0
Yes I have been in a server when this has happened. This asshattery has been going on since the premiere release of the game. I laughed rather whole heartedly at the obvious loophole the devs left open for these asshats. It shows the lack of planning, organization, and testing that should be done by the devs. I'm not saying that this "fix" was not needed. I am saying that there is at least 100 much more relevant "fixes" that should be entertaining the devs minds. Keep in mind that this "fix" only addresses a small portion of the maps in play. Plus they didnt "fix" anything for the poor Commanders on Koningplats. They always get kicked from the server because their teammates are too deaf/foolish to listen to where arty is being called or to check on the map where arty will be dropping. All in all I gotta say that after being away from this game for awhile because of the devs "fixes" I am rather unimpressed with their measly improvements during the last half year or more. And more so I was really surprised at the amount of work that hasn't been addressed. For the majority of these 2 updates the devs have really just compiled the communities collective work and rested on their laurels. For support that "will continue well into 2007" I expected better I guess. One can only hope that the time they aren't spending on fixing this game is put into making the next game that much better. I can honestly say that I know of allot of folks who will be very skeptical of buying the next bug filled game TW sloshes out without thoroughly play testing it first.

Upvote 0
Best way to have a bug addressed is to put a 100% reproduction case in the bug forums. If it is already there poke a moderator to ask if we've missed it.

As to not enjoying our updates, nothing I can really say to that. Each person will have their own opinion. We are well aware there are those who don't like what we do. But we can't please everybody and we won't even begin to try.

As to bugs in the game, yes there are bugs. As I said in the first paragraph, the best way to bring them to our attention is to get us reproductions. Or better yet, join the test team. You say we lack testing, you are right. We have trouble filling up 1 server to test. We are currently preparing a change to our testing system in hopes of improving the situation.

Yes, in the last major update we released community content. We were happy to do so, the mappers who worked with us were happy to do so, and most of the community believe it or not, had never seen or played these maps before. This was a win win win situation for everybody. Tripwire spent countless man hours helping these mappers and in some cases the teams that worked with them to produce these maps, putting our own work on RO:O and our next project aside.

We don't have huge bank accounts filled with tens of millions of dollars to throw into RO:O. If did, TW would be the first to jump for joy and get cracking and fixing every single little bug or problem with the game. As it is, we developed the game in its entirity with our own money and still continue to do so today. We have probably now put more money into supporting RO:O then we did before launch.

If you don't like the game that TW has produced, then I gladly support to you spend your gaming time and money elsewhere.

Upvote 0