• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

slow loading help

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
I'm just wondering if anyone here could help me with a little problem I'm having.

I'm running firefox, all updated. I've scanned my pc for problems using crap cleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-malware, Microsoft Security Essentials and I even dl'd and tried Advanced System Care 5.
All scans tell me my computer is running good, in good health and rarely do I find anything during normal usage, MSE seems to work well for me.

Anyways my problem is this. If I'm reading lets say the news on my home page and I click on a link it takes an awful long time to load the page and sometimes not at all. If I click the back button while it's trying to load and I try again it will usually load fast like it's suppose to. So in most cases I have to do this, click a link, back, click again.

Do you have any ideas what the problem may be why my load times take so terribly long.
I have a good and fast service from my provider and my games run well.

i7 2600k @ 3.40GHz
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard
gpu-nvidia gtx 460 1gb
PSU- Coolermaster 750W
8GB Kingston ram
Sound blaster audigy
running at 1680x1050 @ 60hz res

oh, if it helps, I'm also currently using a d-link router and in the past couple months I've lost my internet connection and my provider asked me to unplug my router for 30secs, plug back in and restart my pc which has worked the few times I've had to do this.

Thank-you for your time, I appreciate it
cheers!

Last edited:
Do you have addons for firefox installed?

Yes, I looked and I do have addons,

Logitech device detetion

Conduit engine which says incompatible

DataMngr - incompatible

and 8 java console - incompatible (looks like updates)

They are all disabled except Logitech and I do not remember looking for these and adding them unless I did it unwittingly.

Upvote 0
So my 11 year old niece came over for supper this evening and I'm sitting at my desk when she walks in.
"Hi uncle whatcha doing?" she belts out, :), "Oh!, hi tweety" I reply and proceed to tell her about my browser being slow.
She cuts me off and again belts out, "You should use google chrome uncle, it's wicked fast!"
She then immediately spins around and heads for the kitchen as if to say, my work is done here!

I just smiled to myself and started dl'ing it.

So my pages are loading, "wicked fast" again however, I would still like to find a solution to my firefox problem so again, any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,
cheers!

Upvote 0
In Firefox click the help tab and select "restart without addons", and see if the problem dissapears. In which case you should uninstall all of the addons and manually download the ones you really want again.

Also my apologies to Mr.Fedorov, who was only trying to help, and I was a little rude. FUS RODAAA! Or something. I don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So my 11 year old niece came over for supper this evening and I'm sitting at my desk when she walks in.
"Hi uncle whatcha doing?" she belts out, :), "Oh!, hi tweety" I reply and proceed to tell her about my browser being slow.
She cuts me off and again belts out, "You should use google chrome uncle, it's wicked fast!"
She then immediately spins around and heads for the kitchen as if to say, my work is done here!

I just smiled to myself and started dl'ing it.

So my pages are loading, "wicked fast" again however, I would still like to find a solution to my firefox problem so again, any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,
cheers!

As it's a browser issue it's hard to find the bug itself...

An easy test and possible fix would be to uninstall firefox and reinstall it.

I strongly suggest reinstalling firefox 3.6.25 (They still update it for the retro lovers like myself)
I tried all the latest firefox versions and absolutely despise them... I rather use IE8.
They have just crashed way more then they should.
On top of that, Latest Chrome, IE9 and Firefox were all unable to properly display the https login page of Cisco Routers RV042 (and similar) series... I was like a donkey infront of a client trying to setup his new router.

I talk to much...
You can download any version of firefox here.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/11288/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for pointing that out PermenentMarker, now that I think about it, it's in the last few updated versions of firefox that I have been having these problems.

I did try doing that, a clean re-installing of firefox however, I did not re-install an older version, just the latest.
I've gotta say though, I been playing around with this google chrome and I really like what I'm seeing!

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0