• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

slow down the running speed

Nice, well written. ++

Thanks.

I can relate to what Grizzly is saying tho. Although the runspeed in RO:OST might be slower, and technically less "real", it does make for interesting game play. Almost compensating in a way for us not actually being there and firing the weapon ourselves.
Don't know how many times someone has run in front of me and had it been in real life I'd shoot them easily, yet fail in the game. The slower run speeds kind compensates for it.

Still, nitpicking aside, I am loving RO2. And look forward to what mutators the community comes up with. Perhaps even a slower run speed.

Reactions: GRIZZLY
Upvote 0
i can relate to what grizzly is saying tho. Although the runspeed in ro:eek:st might be slower, and technically less "real", it does make for interesting game play. Almost compensating in a way for us not actually being there and firing the weapon ourselves.
Don't know how many times someone has run in front of me and had it been in real life i'd shoot them easily, yet fail in the game. The slower run speeds kind compensates for it..

+1 :):)

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I can relate to what Grizzly is saying tho. Although the runspeed in RO:OST might be slower, and technically less "real", it does make for interesting game play. Almost compensating in a way for us not actually being there and firing the weapon ourselves.
Don't know how many times someone has run in front of me and had it been in real life I'd shoot them easily, yet fail in the game. The slower run speeds kind compensates for it.

Still, nitpicking aside, I am loving RO2. And look forward to what mutators the community comes up with. Perhaps even a slower run speed.

You have shot people in real life?

agreed run speed feels too much like a full sprint

a small decrease in speed would be good (10-15% or so)

That is because it is a sprint. By default you're jogging/running slowly in game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you can still sprint when exhausted, just not that fast. Does the game need that? I doubt that.

It's barely faster than the jogging IIRC, at least standing up.. but still nice to have at least for the sake of realism and feel, imagine a grenade landing next to you just as you stop in exhaustion and your character refusing even to pretend to step any faster.

Upvote 0