• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Slow death: A choose your own Adventure

Raneman

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
You are Mr. Mosin. One day you're inside a building and you shoot Mr. MKB in the chest. Mr. MKB doesn't fall over, instead he starts staggering.

What do you do?

A. Shoot him again. Go to Page 2
B. Run. Go to Page 3

PAGE 2.
You pull back your bolt to shoot him again, and you die in a hail of inaccurate hipfired bullets before you can finish bolting.
GAME OVER

PAGE 3.
You try to get to cover and let him bleed out, but you are shot in the back and you die in a hail of inaccurate hipfired bullets.
GAME OVER

Who should win this fight?

It can be annoying, but it feels pretty realistic and fair. If you want an instant kill, go for the head. :)

I disagree and agree at the same time.

Sure, a soldier could have a chance to defend himself whilst bleeding out. Doing so with the same accuracy as they would without that gaping hole in their chest? No

So, a reduction in accuracy whilst bleeding out should be an improvement on Tripwires radar.

Upvote 0
Page 4, go for the nut-shot

Johnny_Cage's_nut_cracker.jpg

Upvote 0
You are Mr. Mosin. One day you're inside a building and you shoot Mr. MKB in the chest. Mr. MKB doesn't fall over, instead he starts staggering.

What do you do?

A. Shoot him again. Go to Page 2
B. Run. Go to Page 3

PAGE 2.
You pull back your bolt to shoot him again, and you die in a hail of inaccurate hipfired bullets before you can finish bolting.
GAME OVER

PAGE 3.
You try to get to cover and let him bleed out, but you are shot in the back and you die in a hail of inaccurate hipfired bullets.
GAME OVER

Who should win this fight?

If they start to bleed out while they were in iron sights, they will remain in iron sights and have a pretty good chance at taking you down in the process.... which is why I shoot them again.

I shoot them again not only to ensure they don't have a chance at shooting back at me or anybody else on my team, but also to make sure that I get the kill rather than some team mate strolling up and clubbing them over the head for an easy kill..... while I get an assist.

From playing since the Beta, I might have been killed by a staggering, dying enemy I shot...... once..... maybe twice in the span of 202 hours of play...... but while dying myself, I think I probably have taken out 5-7 enemies in that time...... half of those being bots that didn't bother to finish me off.

The way you describe it make it sound like this happens every time.

I disagree and agree at the same time.

Sure, a soldier could have a chance to defend himself whilst bleeding out. Doing so with the same accuracy as they would without that gaping hole in their chest? No

Even with iron sights still up, when you bleed out the screen moves around and your accuracy is reduced a bit, while everything on screen gets all contrasty and darker & darker...... so I wouldn't consider it the same accuracy as normal.

And since if you get hit and bleed out, you can't switch weapons or bring up/down iron sights, if you're stuck with an empty pistol in your hand and have to reload.... yer kinda screwed when it comes to getting some kind of shot back due to the time to reload.

And if you have the Nagant Revolver.... don't even try. Just club yourself in the head with it to save yourself time, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0