• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Slippery Slide Question

I figured out the whole physics column thing, thanks guys. But I'm no longer sure it's the right solution And I don't know what is. Basically the second story is very high and I want folks to be able to jump off, but they die... So I have an overhangs or ledge they can jump down to. But the. If they stay there it's a cheat. I'll keep it unless you know of a better way to approach this problem.

Upvote 0
Why not create your own low gravity volume that they are force to land into and slowly fall to the floor. This will stop the thought of dying from fall damage because you've reduced there speed massively from them touching this volume. You will not need the ledge then.

The ledge has to be there actually, its part of the build. You can see it in the image below, the ledge is actually the fabric overhang, the second floor is actually the marque and the first floor is where the image was taken. These are all good solutions. I guess what I might do is weaken gravity as the play falls so that they aren't damaged too bad if they use the overhang to get down... if they just jump off i do want them to die and they already will. I'll then make it a zone where the player takes some damage say between 1-5 points per section. So, in effect everything remains as is (which I like except for the clear opportunity to cheat) except that now the cheat is not feasible and its easier to use the ledge to get down, since falling damage will be reduced.... starting at 100, if you use the ledge to get down you end up at 20 life.... I'd prefer like 60 or 70.

Alright, I think this is solved, assuming I don't hit any road blocks... Thanks peeps!

Upvote 0