• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SLI/Crossfire

This is not a TWI, nor game issue, per se.

To paraphrase an Nvidia developer responding to a similar query elsewhere "There is no 'enabling' of SLI by a game...."

It is possible to render in a way (or via bone-headed coding decisions) to make a game unfavorable to SLI/Crossfire, but fortunately this is seldom done/seen. All that is required is an appropriate profile for the game. Game developers usually provide information to the GPU / driver sources so that such profiles can be added to the drivers / utilities. I don't think TWI is so small they'll fall into the "who?" category, and would expect profiles to be available in upcoming NV/AMD drivers.

Worst case, you can make you own until such supported profiles are available, or if in fact TWI does fall into the "who?" category for the vendors. Even if you have no idea what you're doing, you can't permanently 'break' anything by doing so - you may get corrupted graphics or problematic performance enabling things that don't make sense for a given game (e.g. AA overrides in a game using MRT), but you can figure it out via trial-and-error if information on the game is lacking.

EVGA offers a 'package' called EVGA SLI Enhancement that basically does just that - profiles for games where the 'official' profile is not yet available.

Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, the engine MUST support SLI/Crossfire. Many engines do not, still others do not support it very well. It is not a matter of drivers alone.

In this case it's Unreal Engine 3, which does support both technologies moderately well. I run a pair of Radeon 6950's and the second card provides a modest boost in HoS at present. The engine has had some custom enhancements though, so it's possible a HoS specific application profile from both GPU vendors may improve on that somewhat by release.

Upvote 0
Actually, the engine MUST support SLI/Crossfire. Many engines do not, still others do not support it very well. It is not a matter of drivers alone.

In this case it's Unreal Engine 3, which does support both technologies moderately well. I run a pair of Radeon 6950's and the second card provides a modest boost in HoS at present. The engine has had some custom enhancements though, so it's possible a HoS specific application profile from both GPU vendors may improve on that somewhat by release.

How well is the modified engine making use of any extra cpu cores?

Upvote 0
I really want to know this also because of these specs:

-ATI 6870 x2
-AMD 1090t
-8 gig RAM
Your computer specs are really important to all of us and especially relevant to this thread. Thank you for letting us know what kind of graphics cards you have bought. I'm also very glad that you have deemed us worthy and granted us some additional knowledge about your hardware. I'm very happy that you have chosen the AMD 1090t processor and have also supplemented it with a more than adequate amount of random access memory.

I'm not yet quite sure how I am to put this new and valuable information to proper use, but I'm sure that with your assistance, I will find a way.

So again, I offer my thanks, fellow forum member.

Upvote 0
<Passive-Aggressive Rant>
*SNIP*
</Passive-Aggressive Rant>
Knock it off. Like it or not, his post is at least on topic, yours is not.

Das Bose said:
How well is the modified engine making use of any extra cpu cores?
I'm afraid I can't be specific about anything like that until the public beta. :)

Upvote 0
Your computer specs are really important to all of us and especially relevant to this thread. Thank you for letting us know what kind of graphics cards you have bought. I'm also very glad that you have deemed us worthy and granted us some additional knowledge about your hardware. I'm very happy that you have chosen the AMD 1090t processor and have also supplemented it with a more than adequate amount of random access memory.

I'm not yet quite sure how I am to put this new and valuable information to proper use, but I'm sure that with your assistance, I will find a way.

So again, I offer my thanks, fellow forum member.

You are welcome hoe (gardening tool FYI) ,glad to be helpfull.

Last edited:
Upvote 0