• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Siren's body health is obscene

Gallic_Taffer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Alesia, Gaul
Am I the only one who finds the siren quite possibly the hardest enemy to deal with ammo-efficiency wise? Her body health is so obnoxiously high, most tier 2 (and 3) weapons simply take so much to drop her. I've been nurturing this idea for a while, but after dealing with her new and improved deflecting breastplate, I find myself groaning in dismay when I have to tackle one without the proper weapons. And it seems like so few of the perks can actually deal with her:

)Zerk- zerk is broken, zerk kills everything. Next please.
)Medic- AR or bust, but you'd better be accurate. Anything else is futile.
)Commando- best siren killer, he gets by well enough.
)Support- Probably the saddest case. Hunting shotgun is incapable of dropping her with a body shot (even a full one), and aiming for her, wibbly wobbly head with a shotty requires two full shells at best (1 if you get lucky with the hunting), but you're gonna take big damage getting so close.
)Firebad- Big time SOL vs sirens. No real reliable, cost effective way for killing them. I find the Flamethrower most effective but still ridiculously costly; Microwave gun is too valuable to waste on the likes of them.
)Demo- hahahaha, I'm not having my grenades disintegrated.

I don't want to think I'm complaining, but sirens make me so damn mad now. :mad:

It still baffles me that people struggle to take down this enemy who has to slowly shuffle her way into the near vicinity of you before she can attack at all, and who remains steadily upright the whole time, making her absurdly easy to headshot..

And which difficulty does she get this "obscene amount of body health" on? None of my perks are ranked up higher than 6 atm and in my experience she goes down quite easily enough on Hard. Couple short bursts of the flamethrower. Or a single direct hit from any demo weapon above the grenade pistol (just wait between screams, it's super easy to time)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sui and up, the siren is one of those enemies best kept out of the camp at all costs. With an alert commando on the squad, sirens are virtually nonexistent, but commando popularity has really dropped off recently, well before the new perks came in. Other perks can't consistently hold them at bay while performing their usual tasks, not without running dry on ammo quickly. A medic with an assault rifle can sort of replicate a commando's results, but it's a poor substitute. Pyro ans support suffer from these issues the worst; they simply don't have a gun that can consistently and efficiently drop them.

The most recurring example I've found myself in is a scrake / fleshpound breaching the camp and occupying 2-3 squad members' attentions. This leaves all other zeds to the others (pyro shines at keeping trash out). I admit, waves 1-5, you can get away with letting the burn damage drop a siren, but come the tough times when scrakes and fps are continuously flooding in, you need that siren dead now, lest the demo's rpgs go to waste.

Anyway I went off there. The issue I'm seeing is a siren's body is off limits; some perks just don't go for the head. You have to go for the head, and pyro sorta can't do that. Support has a method, but the hunting blast requires perfect accuracy at near point blank range, and the hunting is about as reliable as a wet musket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can sympathize with trying to deal with her as support. Her head is so small that it's really hard to deal with her quickly. She should die more consistently with one double barrel alt fire to the face. Before the new properties of the breastplate, it generally took one try to kill her. Now I can never kill her on the first try.

Upvote 0
Guess I won't be able to relate until I've graduated up from Hard.

However, while Commandos can take them down efficiently IF they have a clear shot, Sirens are tiny and like to hide behind other zeds, and Commandos have exactly 0 weapons that penetrate or do area damage, (unless you throw a grenade at them BEFORE they've riled up) Also I haven't known any commandos yet who understand the concept of a "priority target". All the ones in pubs just keep yelling "I'm the trash cleaner!!!" and gunning down crawlers and cysts while ignoring all the sirens and husks and bloats and (strangely enough) the stalkers, too. :p Pubs. Go figure.

Btw, does Siren's head count as Metal or Mechanical? I would assume mechanical, from the tech sticking out of their throats, but they go "CLANK" on headshots and I'm not sure what the mechanical hit zones are supposed to sound like..

Either way, try eviscerating one in the face sometime. You'll be glad you did. (and if you're a 'zerker and you took Sonic Resistance, that should be your job anyways. That resistance isn't so you can stand far away and wait for someone else to bash the sirens' heads in!)

Upvote 0
I play on suicidal and I can say that trench gun takes short work of siren - or any medium zed. 2 headshots and it's over. It even stumbles siren, so you can get closer without taking damage. With flamethrower you need to tap m1 3 times quickly to kill her in a second. Takes 12 ammo. Surprisingly, it takes just as much ammo with microwaver. As support, one boomstick shot is required, if you land it perfectly. I usually empty both barrels to be sure...
Siren's body health is now high. Then again, I never aim at siren's body.

Upvote 0
Siren just has tons or armor. Apparently, most ballistics simply ricochet off her steel anchorage and it doesn't look like thre aren't that many organs or other vulnerable spots left in what appears to be basically a walking skeleton...

Besides, I think it's good the way it is. Sirens aren't a total pushover (well actually they are - l2p :p) but they are not as bad as the rest. Regarding demo, ANY explosive weapon oneshots her. EVEN HX. You don't even need a direct hit >_<. Get your timing together man! Or take siren resistance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now, normally I'd say something like
"Looks like someone has a case of the Git Gud's"
But I kind of agree, they're insanely annoying IMO and I absolutely hate them. They're really one of the only things about this game I actually hate. I never thought too much of them in KF1, I dont think that much of any other zed in KF2, but the Siren is like a walking ball of armor. I've been completely destroyed from playing solo HoE and running into a single siren that teleported in front of me while I was running away. It's like if you're not 100% prepared to deal with a siren. This is all my experience on suicidal and up by the way. on hard and normal it's more like sirens are just a good enemy.

I think it's awesome that if you shoot them somewhere metal, your bullets bounce off and do less damage, it's just so freaking frustrating because they're like ALL metal, and their heads are freaking tiny. Not to mention my greatest fear has become a siren walking behind a bloat (or anything as big as a bloat for that matter).

Me and my friends joke around that we're going to go on the forums and complain "Yeah tripwire, there's this bug where a siren spawns behind a bloat and kills everyone. What are we supposed to do about this? And did you also know that one time I ran around the corner and found not one, but TWO SIRENS? I really cant play this until it's fixed."

Now, we know that sirens arent actually as powerful as flesh pounds. But they're not supposed to be. It would actuallly be unplayable if they were. But relatively they're little powerhouses IMO. And the fact that there's so many of them makes them my least favorite zed to run intp.

Upvote 0
To be honest perhaps the Siren being scary is a good thing. At least in my experience with KF1, the big threats were always Fleshpounds, Gorefasts in swarms and sometimes Scrakes. Back in KF1 Sirens were even deadlier, but were so weak that any class could one shot them and move on. In KF2 it might be her massive resistance to damage is meant to elicit the same response in early waves when she pops up, and having people go "Nope! KILL IT! KILL IT NOWWW OH GOD MY EARS."

Once the Sharpshooter comes into the game though it may just go back to KF1 status :p

Upvote 0
Yeah, but just aim for the head and it's fine.

I agree that they're rough as firebug or demo (though that's hard to say for sure since they're my lowest-leveled perks, for obvious reasons), but I have no trouble with them as support. Aim for the head, and they go down no problem. Yes, they have a small head, but that's the point - headshots are supposed to be harder to get. Rise to the challenge. Even with Demo, they're ez if you can get them before they're close enough to scream. Once Sharp and Gunslinger are added, there'll be an even lower proportion of perks which struggle with Sirens.

Upvote 0
"Her body is so small so why isn't she super easy to kill"

We all wonder the saame thing about Hans. :p

But for real, Siren is like, 1/3 metal, 1/3 machinery, and 1/3 stale beef jerky. That's some tough stuff!! :eek:

Or, y'know, from a gameplay perspective... they're supposed to be A CREDIBLE THREAT. If they were any easier to kill than they are now, they wouldn't be.

Upvote 0
This opinion may be hated but in V1008 I did always wonder "She has this powerful scream, not pleasant sure. But she is small, she is slow and her movements don't make aiming much of a challenge." I always figured she needed *something* to keep standing/be a threat on par with the much more aggressive zeds.

It's also fantastic from a testing standpoint, besides big/boss zeds she is the main user of metallic armour! Given her otherwise frail stature, I'd say it's a perfect test-bed to see how metallic resistances should be going forward, what it should be weak to/resist, etc.

Upvote 0