• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Singular Winterbite and Rhino for Sharpshooter?

"hard to balance"
While sharp has access to 1858 and flare revolver that are completely useless...... Why does sharp even have access to flare revolver in the first place?
Winterbite would be worthless to sharp due to its weak damage and the fact that by the time the freeze takes effect, a competent enough sharp would have already eliminated 2-3 scrakes or 2 fleshpounds.

Yeh im with imnrk, i would rather have those 2 singles available than be locked to a magnum only.

+ The rhino was planned to be available for sharp too, but later that idea got scraped because of balance?
Like what kind of issue? That you will run out of ammo way sooner if you decide to spam the corridor with it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"hard to balance"
While sharp has access to 1858 and flare revolver that are completely useless...... Why does sharp even have access to flare revolver in the first place?
Winterbite would be worthless to sharp due to its weak damage and the fact that by the time the freeze takes effect, a competent enough sharp would have already eliminated 2-3 scrakes or 2 fleshpounds.

Yeh im with imnrk, i would rather have those 2 singles available than be locked to a magnum only.

+ The rhino was planned to be available for sharp too, but later that idea got scraped because of balance?
Like what kind of issue? That you will run out of ammo way sooner if you decide to spam the corridor with it?

I do wonder about the Flare revolver for the sharp. I never see anyone using it and really have never played with it as a Sharp. Is there any real advantage? I'd like to see a damaging revolver with a higher capacity magazine to take out trash zeds when surrounded and out of grenades. Sort of a pray and spray weapon. The 9 mm when fully upgraded is kind of okay for it but I hate having to spend that much on it. The magnum is fantastic life saver but too small a load of ammo before having to reload.

Upvote 0
There is no advantage... even worse you put yourself at a massive disadvantage if you decide to use it xD
I thought it would be a good idea to pair up with m99, since you can upgrade revolver 2 times.... but nope, projectile is too slow to hit heads at the distance, accuracy is ass, you have to spam it to kill something that is close to you and speeded up reload still takes longer than the time required to empty the drum xD

It's just weak.... even for slinger it makes no sense for him to have it... since the real reason why flares are good on pyro, is because of the extended afterburn skill that does lots of damage to zeds and can create a long lasting firewall... way longer that ground fire from the flamethrowers.
otherwise outside of that specific skill they are just meh.

Reactions: Barot8
Upvote 0