• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Singleplayer Crash on Videos

Bluehawk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Hamilton, ON
It seems I get random crashes whenever the game has to play a .bik video. I haven't had them on the opening vanity videos though, just the single player briefings, diary quotes etc. The Soviet Campaign Victory video crashed for me three times in a row, so officially I haven't beaten the SP yet, despite winning on Fallen Fighters three times. The German Campaign Victory video also crashed at first, but I was able to replay the level and watch it fine, so it can't be any sort of driver or codec problem. It may or may not be video specific. What happens is first the game sound stutters, then the screen goes into windowed mode with the desktop showing at the bottom and righthand side... then it crashes.

Alt-Tab crashes are known, right? Maybe the .bik videos are causing RO to minimize/window-ize for some reason, and seemingly at random?

Here's my dump, for whatever its worth.

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.09.14-16.53.19.dmp
    507.5 KB · Views: 0