• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Silent Hunter Online... WTF?

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
From interview:

Q: How does a typical SHO mission looks like?
A: There will be a strategic component in which I plan the actual war situation (can I do it alone or does I need more subs (wolfpacks) and the realtime action component on a submarine to execute the plans. And a third component the flotilla management as BdU (not much details about this at the moment)

Q: How does the pay-model looks like?
A: Most gamers who play browser games don't pay for anything and that is also our goal but we will have also a pay-model. Paying gamer can not get something that non-paying gamers can not reach, they are only getting certain things faster.

Q: What's the technical base of SHO?
A: We use Flash11 for the frontend interface. Flash11 because of the 3D component.

Q: Which features are important for you?
A: Wolfpacks, a feature that do not exist so far in this series. The community has repeatedly demand for this and now as part of an MMO we can implement it at last.
The game shall run for many years, and one should always be able to evolve.

Q: Is SHO targeted to Casual Players?
A: Our target audience are fans of the war simulations, in particular subsims. We would be happy if even normal casual players will paly this game, but that is not our main target group. We rely on older gamers.

Q: Is SHO a risky project?
A: We have chosen this project because it is an gaming area that is presently not operated by anyone. We know there is a huge community for this kind of game.

Q: How far is the development?
A: We have said today, just apply for the beta. We assume that we release this summer.

feature_1.jpg

Our target audience are fans of the war simulations...

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

That only proves that they nothing about the subsim community (or don't want to know).

Upvote 0