• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Silent Banzai

tavingon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2013
I was charging at someone a few minutes ago, and he heard me shouting, span around and ran me through with a full magazine of .45.

I would very much like the option to banzai without yelling so as not to attract too much attention:IS2::D

CocaineInMyBrain

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 8, 2011
The whole point of a Banzai charge is a loud and in your face suicide attack, not really a stealthy thing of finesse.

This is not to say that the Japanese didn't use stealth in their attacks, but the Banzai charge certainly wasn't a stealthy tactic.

Panzer Jager '43

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
You'll die anyways. Haven't you seen We Were Soldiers? Mel Gibson's just going to shoot you in the face.

Nightingale

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
If for some reason this ever gets implemented, you should not be able to exert any suppression on the enemy while doing it. It's the fanatical yelling and swarming as a horde which makes a banzai charge scary.

how2skate_com

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2011
Come on, banzai wouldn't be awesome without the yelling.

Yesterday I ran towards the beach as a jap SL with my sword, killed an american, and just ran back to my ranks without taking any damage. :D I know it was a stupid thing to do, but it was just so awesome.

Anyway, it's not like most people care about the yelling... also yesterday I killed 5 or 6 americans, and most didn't even bother to look at me and I would just stab them in the back one by one. :p

Atlas1080p

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 28, 2013
Have to agree with most of the guys who say that the Banzai wasn't a stealth tactic, hence being silent doesn't make much sense. The whole point was to intimidate the enemy while performing a suicidal charge.

Vinter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
You shouldn't have tried to banzai, OP. You should have just ran up and stabbed him normally, or shot him in the back.

[SM]Fluttershy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
The practice of sprinting and then holding down your melee weapon just before getting to your target makes the most sense. In this regard, you are effectively rushing an enemy position (and praying your avatar doesn't spout off Japanese non-sense to give away your position) before attempting to eliminate the opposition. Then again, a group of Japanese charging through the jungle with their bayonets prepped for use (i.e. sprinting with mmb held down) would be terrifying for the lone GI watching that section of the jungle.