• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sights getting unaligned

Darkseed

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
Sweden
While playing the mod the other day I thought about how while looking through the sights they're always perfectly aligned even when you move the mouse quickly. It would be nice if the sights would temporarily get unaligned when you move the mouse around while in IS, and get aligned again once you stop. It doesn't have to be alot, just a little so it wouldn't seem like you're holding the gun in a pair of big sturdy robot hands.

Now this feature might already be in Ostfront, but i'm posting this just in case. :)

back when i played like 3.0? (briefly, i did not have UT i played at a LAN center, which only downloaded it for me :D) there was a thread like this and someone said they didnt like the idea, because it "took away from player skill", but im all for it, since to me playing RO is kinda like watching a movie, but i sorta get to control the way it turns out, not by skill but by realistacularness (yea i said realistacularness, big whoop, you wanna fight about it) kinda like the same way i play dnd, i dont care if i die, its just part of the story

Upvote 0
So, more or longer period of misalignment, the greater the concussion? Light wound = x time; major wound = 2x time; light artillery near miss = 3x time; medium artillery near miss = 5x time; etc? Might bog down that way, but how to implement it to include all of the things that might cause a grunt to duck and cower? :D

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Essentially this is "weapon inertia" so yes, I would like to see it, implemented correctly like always.
Yeah, it would only work if merely hectic movements would misalign the sights and small corrections wouldn't. Yet there are some things to consider:

Sniper rifles are always aligned, even if the crosshair isn't centered you basically always know where your gun's pointing at <--makes snipers more powerful

If the transition is only slightly too long, people will more often resort to hip-shooting. The last thing we need.

Upvote 0
Yep that was my initial idea, small unalignments when looking around quickly while in IS and none when doing small adjustments. As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind if the sights become aligned again almost the instant you stop moving the mouse around, and just have it as a cosmetic thing and not something that impacts gameplay.

Upvote 0