• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art sig request if you have time

Come on, Diablo. Requesting a sig isn't so uncommon in other forums. To get someone to make one in here you apparently have to be Yoshiro :))) but cpl buckeye couldn't know that, could he?

As for the sig, I can't help you but if I were you I wouldn't use that over-used infantile cat image and for anything else taking Diablo's advice seems to be a good idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. No offense taken, dealt or involved but I'd rather not give away my old sig. It's a part of me and as with every sig or avatar you somehow get known by it as if it were your own face, so you should make sure that it somewhat represents you or at least your kind of humor or something. Within certain limits of course.
Even if I did know you, which I don't, I probably wouldn't allow it, to be honest.
It's like asking if I would be willing to allow you to get an operation that would make you look just like me.
You see, I didn't just rip a cat-image from google and put my name on it. If that were the case you could of course use it. But I came up with that joke, whatever you think about it, and I made that sig (using assets obviously, but still...).

2. I made that sig for me and for me only and the only thing that makes the thing funny is the Lebowski/RO-mod crossreference. I guess not many people get it but those who do should find it funny. If you were to take that away and over-paint it with some other lame joke the whole Dude being interviewed by a nazi loses its appeal completely. So I don't quite get what you'd want with it anyway. It's not like it's a piece of art or something. It's just artistically enough to be a somewhat worthy carrier for that joke.

We can use this thread here to brainstorm you some ideas. Maybe some willing people can post some images you can use to create your own sig, maybe someone comes up with a better line (no offense), ...
Don't think: Where can I get stuff for my sig? Where can I get someone to make me a sig?

But rather think:

What do I want my sig to express? What kind of feeling do I want to convey? Do I want it to be funny (that's what I wanted, because I'm a bit of a stupid "jester" in real life and I also root for Schultz on Hogan's Heroes:D. He has been my avatar everywhere ever since I went on the net), weird, emotional, brutal, slick, sarcastic... Something that says something about you.

What do I want it to be about? My favorite movie (that's what I wanted to have in it)? My favorite game? My favorite sport? My favorite animal? Something I'm good at?

What do I want it to look like? Intentionally primitive MSPaint style? (Pseudo-)authentic black-and-white photograph style? Modern "designey" design? Gritty and/or dark? "Think Pink"?:p

I'm sure you can think of more questions. Once you've found and answer for most of them, go to google and search for crap that fits your answers. While doing that you are almost bound to get an acceptable idea for a sig and everyone (EVERYONE!:)) can do a sig with an idea and the right images.

Upvote 0