• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SiC's Tactical Gaming Refuge!

SiC-Disaster

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
Getting sick of unrealistic wannabe-tactical shooters, i decided to take footage of games i know, own and love for their tactical and realistic nature, upload them to Youtube and make a small site dedicated to these games.
In the end, the site will feature games like the original Rainbow Six up to Raven Shield, Ghost Recon 1, Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Swat 4, and Red Orchestra.
I'd like to write personal reviews of these games, add pictures and gameplay video's to them and post them on the site, so people can see and read what these games are like, and decide if they satisfy what they are looking for.

So far, i've written a review of Swat 4 and Stetchkov Syndicate and posted it on the site.
Other gameplay footage is allready done and hosted on Youtube, but i have to find the time to write reviews for them and post it on the site as well, but people can allready have a look at them.
So, linkies :)

http://www.freewebs.com/tacticalgamingrefuge/index.htm
This is the site where reviews etc will go.
www.youtube.com/SiCDisaster where the other gameplay vids can be found, prior to 'review release'.

I hope you enjoy this and can appreciate what i'm trying to do :)

Possibly, but not really likely as it isnt really 1 shot 1 kill, and that is what i'm trying to go for here :)

If a major definition of tactical shoot is that the consequence of catching 1 or 2 bullets usually means death, (and i wouldn't argue with that) then I think Vietcong should be there for sure.
I have all the games you list and I think it's conspicous by it's absence.
But it's your list, your site.

Upvote 0
If a major definition of tactical shoot is that the consequence of catching 1 or 2 bullets usually means death, (and i wouldn't argue with that) then I think Vietcong should be there for sure.
I have all the games you list and I think it's conspicous by it's absence.
But it's your list, your site.

Well i dont argue its not a good game, though ive only played the demo and never seen it around in stores here.
Some factors i take with me in my choices are 1 shot 1 kill gameplay, but also nonlinear leveldesign (wich means tactical freedom of choice) and i havent seen that in the demo so far.
I think that is a big factor for these kind of games as well.
Maybe one day eventually, but at first i want to focus on these games of wich i know they do have this freedom and gameplay.

Upvote 0
Fair enough - if you've only got the demo it would be pointless adding it anyway. I dont know what the demo includes but i speak as someone who's played a lot of well organised co-op missions with 3d voip.
Surprised it's hard to get in you country where I am it's cheap and plentiful.

I've seen Ghost recon mentioned a couple of times recently- I've been thinking of re-installing it. i've still got jungle wotsit as well.
i used to play it a fair bit but mostly tdm. Does it still have a healthy co-op tactical scene?
I didn't like having to join games though the external Ubisoft browser program, and there were a couple of essential mods you needed IIRC.

Would you recommend trying it again? i might look at some youtube gameplay vids- i've forgotton why i stopped playing it and wonder if i was too hasty.

Upvote 0
I thought that your Swat 4 review was great, the only thing I didn't like about it was that you used "etc" quite a few times (10 by my count).

Also, how is bloodypotato already taken on your forums :confused:.

Thanks mate :) i'll take it into account hehe, the etc. thing ;)
I have no idea why your nickname is taken though, perhaps someone else on freewebs uses it too.

EDIT: i refined my review a bit, taking away a lot of the 'etc's :) It should be a more pleasurable read now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Decent read SiC. You did not elaborate on the co-op which is an important part of the multilayer. Does have some issues though:

The problem i have with SWAT 4 co-op is the inability to restart the round after something goes tits up. This happens a lot.

There is no option to restart the round, instead it completely restarts the server which slows things down a great deal. Having to reconnect and re-equip takes about a minute and a half after something goes awry.

Is there a console command or mod that resets the current round without restarting the server and reloading the map? Something simple which spawns everyone back at the selected entry point with the currently chosen load out would be good enough.

Upvote 0