• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

sick of this ****

Styv

Jan 16, 2011
Hello Tripwire

I am a fan of Red Orchestra, and the first part was really awesome and bug free

But the second part: Holy crap!

It annoys me so much already so that there are thousands patches and never actually really annoying bugs are never fixed!

-Every time I throw myself during a sprint on the ground, my keyboard changes from German to English to, which is terribly annoying. (Y=Z / ? = _) alt and shift

{sometimes its funny, because when these keys are swapped, and you want to knife somebody from behind and you need to write something before, you yell: I see an Ivan ! :D had this situation several times}

-I play very often with the MG 34 and if I'm in the spawn menu because there is already automatically selected Mauser C96, but I ALWAYS spawn without exception with the Walther P38 (by the way: Why is there no Luger in the game?)
The same also with the Russians.

-You can not MG's mounted on fences, respectively, it is very buggy.

-MKB 42 / AVT 40 have no animation to change the fire mode

-MG 34 Lafette is very often invisible if you man it

Last edited:
I am a fan of Red Orchestra, and the first part was really awesome and bug free
not always it was ;)

It annoys me so much already so that there are thousands patches and never actually really annoying bugs are never fixed!
3 patches is not thousands.....
They have priority lists, all will be solved in time , so I wonder how you can say they are "never" fixed?

for the rest, I understand the keyboard thing is annoying, but the rest are hardly "game breaking" bugs

Reactions: Vegard and Nimble
Upvote 0
ctrl+shift is default windows option to switch keyboard layout, you can always just remove the international keyboard from the options to stop this from happening.. ;)

in windows control panel > Language and Region > Keyboards and language tab > Modify keyboards > delete the one you don't use that's what i done long time ago to keep only my AZERTY layout and not be bothered anymore for all games, not only this one. ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think I've ever seen a game where this was implemented without it being a huge pain in the ***.

-Impersonation, by replicating a name with alternative characters that look almost identical.
-Cheaters giving themselves a weird name making it harder for a player to succesfully report the name of a cheater to the admin.
-Not knowing how to pronounce a name, which makes communication very hard.
-Several bugs that persist in displaying those names, often leading in [] shapes to fill the name.

I don't think it's really worth it.
I dont care about names, I was talking about the chat. Chat without support for letters such as

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think I've ever seen a game where this was implemented without it being a huge pain in the ***.

-Impersonation, by replicating a name with alternative characters that look almost identical.
-Cheaters giving themselves a weird name making it harder for a player to succesfully report the name of a cheater to the admin.
-Not knowing how to pronounce a name, which makes communication very hard.
-Several bugs that persist in displaying those names, often leading in [] shapes to fill the name.

I don't think it's really worth it.
i18n is all I can say and unicode support is fact in business software for some time already.

Upvote 0
-Every time I throw myself during a sprint on the ground, my keyboard changes from German to English to, which is terribly annoying. (Y=Z / ? = _) alt and shift

So and this ist Tripwire's fault if you fail at removing the annoying English keyboard to prevent switching the layouts by pressing ALT+SHIFT ?

It's one of the first things I do when reinstalling Windows. Removing the English layout, disabling the firewall and the UAC etc. ...

Upvote 0