• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should ZED Time Colour Saturation be toggable?

Should ZED Time Colour Saturation be toggable?

• YES! My eyes would hurt after a while or I just want the option

Votes: 91 82.0%
  • No. This is TW's baby and it's up to them

Votes: 20 18.0%

• Total voters
Easy yes. I mean, implementing a toggle sounds ridiculously easy.

And as I said somewhere else, I imagine the B&W filter can make sniping distant zeds very difficult. Zed time sniping distant scrakes and FPs happens a lot in my experience with KF1 and I imagine having the entire screen darkened into B&W might make this needlessly difficult, if at all possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't get it, why would anyone vote no.

Not using an option is one thing, but denying a client-side, purely cosmetic option for other players is some kind of malevolence.
I agree with you.
If what Rattler said is true though, changing the code to make it an option could be quite problematic ( I think, but I really don't know anithing about programming, so I could be dead wrong). If that were the case, those modifications could take a lot of time, and it's hardly possible to blame people who don't want the release of the game to be delayed.

Upvote 0
I agree with you.
If what Rattler said is true though, changing the code to make it an option could be quite problematic ( I think, but I really don't know anithing about programming, so I could be dead wrong). If that were the case, those modifications could take a lot of time, and it's hardly possible to blame people who don't want the release of the game to be delayed.
The change should be trivial, if it isn't somebody's done something wrong.

There hasn't been any confirmation about this and it's been asked a lot so there's that. I guess it's not in the game at least yet.

Upvote 0
Well I doubt its just a simple filter. I mean if it was just a filter there's no reason to not to include a toggle option. So this makes me think its more "hard coded" than that. But again I am not an Unreal Engine expert and 10 different coders may implement it in 10 different ways.

Upvote 0
Sure have an option, so long as it stops that one person from posting slightly hurt comments in every thread he finds.

Stop trolling, it's childish.

I, like everyone else here just want the game to be the best it can be. As a fan of they're work and as a consumer we are all allowed to express our views.

I have expressed my concerns over this feature not being optional as have others.

Freedom of speech my friend..

Upvote 0
Well I doubt its just a simple filter. I mean if it was just a filter there's no reason to not to include a toggle option. So this makes me think its more "hard coded" than that. But again I am not an Unreal Engine expert and 10 different coders may implement it in 10 different ways.
Check the option value before running ZED time, if the user doesn't want ZED time just return. I really don't see how they could have made it any more complicated.

Upvote 0
Stop trolling, it's childish.

I, like everyone else here just want the game to be the best it can be. As a fan of they're work and as a consumer we are all allowed to express our views.

I have expressed my concerns over this feature not being optional as have others.

Freedom of speech my friend..
Nowhere have I ever said that it should not be included or that I disagreed with you. I just found the way you felt the need to put across your point in a lot of the active threads yesterday annoying.

Upvote 0
Check the option value before running ZED time, if the user doesn't want ZED time just return. I really don't see how they could have made it any more complicated.

Again its not just black and white filter. You still see the blood red, and the stuff that it paints red. I believe the specimens' bits are bloody too. There's some play with the "RGB slider" but there must me something more than that since there are other red objects on the screen, being some part of the player body (clothes, etc) or assets of the level. Maybe they are using different layers and only the flagged ones will stay (or be painted) red, I don't know exactly, but its not just a filter with simple bool variable attached to it thats for sure.

Upvote 0