• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI add this mod officially?

Should TWI add this mod officially?

• Total voters
People already say that we can barely see their reskins when being used, with backpacks weps, it would be much better to those that want to show off.
But if this was added in, some cosmetic items need to be reworked. Hope wouldnt take long to fix.

And both should be set on or off if the player wishes in options for simplicity sake.

Upvote 0
People already say that we can barely see their reskins when being used, with backpacks weps, it would be much better to those that want to show off.
But if this was added in, some cosmetic items need to be reworked. Hope wouldnt take long to fix.

And both should be set on or off if the player wishes in options for simplicity sake.

Well if TWI does add them they can simply add a dedicated bone for them that would make things 1000x easier

Upvote 0
But it should not be the focus right now IMHO. There is still a lot of content missing, balancing issues that should be adressed first and then also do not forget current bugs and the ones in the future that will certainly come in the future with the next releases of updates.

greets

Well the focus is simply to see if the player base would actually like this in. So long as a dev shows up and says something along the lines of "We will look into it" or "Maybe later" is good enough.

And it wouldnt take long for this to be implemented into the game. Forest already did almost everything, all TW has to do is edit some of the code for vanilla floor, add a new bone and thats about it. Besides this would be handled by another crew. Just cause something like this would be added in, that doesn't mean all the devs must work on this. There are different dev groups to work on different aspects of the game.

Upvote 0
As long as it doesn't take that long to fully implement it into the base game officially, then I say go for it, no harm done, and some more visual enhancements are never (usually) bad.

It would just be a copy and paste of the code then changing the backpack weapons to use a certain bone based on there class. Something I hope would be simple for the TWI developer

Upvote 0
It would just be a copy and paste of the code then changing the backpack weapons to use a certain bone based on there class. Something I hope would be simple for the TWI developer

I would be talking about more along the lines of bug fixes, ensuring that all weapons look good while slung, proper textures showing, smooth animations, that sort of thing.

Upvote 0