• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI add this mod officially?

Should TWI add this mod officially?

• Total voters
I would be talking about more along the lines of bug fixes, ensuring that all weapons look good while slung, proper textures showing, smooth animations, that sort of thing.
Its just the same 3rd person weapon models but on a character. I feel its almost impossible if it gets messed up!

Also like he said, TW will copy and paste. If Forrest's version has bugs, then TW will have bugs...

As KF2 is an Unreal Engine game, and I've played UE games that had first-person legs in them before, I'm somewhat surprised we don't already have first person legs. Backpack weapons is just a bonus.

KF1 had these mods as well. RO1 itself already had backpack weapons. These 2 were UE2.5 games! A engine from 2004!

Most games opt out of using 1stP legs because, like, most of us guessed, is due to limitations. Which is why it would be best if TWI adds these 2 features as options to the player. In PvP games, having no legs is beneficial if your aiming straight downward. Other games have them due to them actually using the legs for in-game reasons. KF2 would have them just to look pretty!

Realized that Zeds would also need this treatment :confused:

Upvote 0
Its just the same 3rd person weapon models but on a character. I feel its almost impossible if it gets messed up!

Also like he said, TW will copy and paste. If Forrest's version has bugs, then TW will have bugs...

KF1 had these mods as well. RO1 itself already had backpack weapons. These 2 were UE2.5 games! A engine from 2004!

Most games opt out of using 1stP legs because, like, most of us guessed, is due to limitations. Which is why it would be best if TWI adds these 2 features as options to the player. In PvP games, having no legs is beneficial if your aiming straight downward. Other games have them due to them actually using the legs for in-game reasons. KF2 would have them just to look pretty!

Realized that Zeds would also need this treatment :confused:

I did the firstperson legs and backpack weapons in KF1 to remember? :p

Upvote 0
The backpack is truly a nice thing, but why would I want to see my legs in a fps game? It's rather distracting and provides nothing besides maybe realism, but adding this level of realism to a Game where you kill mutants with a sledgehammer- shotgun hybrid is kinda silly. And what would be next then?

Adding a barley visible blury overlay at the bottom centre of the screen, representing your own nose?

Nobody needs stuff like this. So I voted no, even tho the backpack is cool.

Upvote 0
I voted no because it's hard enough to see the crawlers on the ground already. When I'm aiming down, I don't want to make it harder for myself by seeing useless meshes that supposedly add realism, to this already very realistic game.

At the very least make it a toggable option in the options menu.
The legs would certainly be the kind of thing that would be a toggle. Partially because not everyone likes that sort of thing (for the record, I love it whenever I can get it even though it doesn't really add anything and can get in the way), but mostly because rendering more (even if it isn't much more, I imagine) could hurt performance on potatoes (or for people on moderately good PCs running on ultra-high settings but sacrificing certain things to maintain good framerate).

Backpack weapons would be mandatory, though. Being able to see teammate's loadouts at a glance and being able to see when a player has clearly stolen your gun actually does affect the game.

Upvote 0
Revy;n2256856 said:
jeje looks bretty gud.

Who's bright idea was it to have white text on a white text box? I can't see anything I type in.

1 of 2 >
[h=3]WIP Forum Upgrade[/h] Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!

On top of every forum page.

Refresh and/or come back later

Upvote 0