• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should "relaxed realism" mode be limited to single player only?

Should "relaxed realism" mode be limited to single player only?

• Yes.

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • No.

Votes: 65 58.6%

• Total voters

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
As the title says, do you think the relaxed realism mode should be limited to off line play only?

I would be completely fine with that, as it gives new players a chance to play the game a little easier so they can practice and prepare for the online mode.

Does anyone agree?

I voted no. It wouldn't be fair for people with bad reflexes and poor eyesight who want to experience multiplayer combat. But anyways, if it doesn't have any effect on the hardcore realism servers, I could care less. Some people like having it easy, and I'm sure those looking for a greater challenge will eventually move on to the realism servers.

Upvote 0
I voted no. It wouldn't be fair for people with bad reflexes and poor eyesight who want to experience multiplayer combat. But anyways, if it doesn't have any effect on the hardcore realism servers, I could care less. Some people like having it easy, and I'm sure those looking for a greater challenge will eventually move on to the realism servers.

Same here.

Upvote 0
i voted "no", for the same reasons as posted above. but i also fear that this way when playing on full realism servers, you will get a constant instream of noobs from "the other mode" going like "hey this sucks, where are these icons, where is the radar" etc... just like on the current "no deathmessage" servers, but then 10x

Upvote 0
I think everyone will switch to the full hardcore after a while, so I don't see this as a problem. There will be more hardcore servers than relaxed servers for sure.
i wouldn't put my money on that, i don't think the main reason for the "relaxed mode" is to have a mode that is more newcommer friendly with a less steep lurning curve etc... in fact i believe it will have the opposite effect. all those little extra helping things and icon the relaxed mode will have, will mostly profit the experienced players. the more features, the more experience you need to use(exploit?) them properly. newcomers to fps games will get totally owned in the relaxed mode.
why i think the relaxed mode is really there, is to offer a game to people who come from games like COD, but need something a bit more realistic, but not as much as current RO. a mode where those players will have a smaller "slap in the face" when they join. chances are some will move on to the realism mode, but statistically we (realism fans) are a small minority in the fps games world, and risk becoming one aswell within HOS.

just look at the death messages in RO, it's an unrealistic feature that helps players. still most players want to play on server that have it on, what does that say about what can happen in HOS? if you give players the possibility to have features that help them ingame, only verry few will refuse them for the sake of realism

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i voted no also for the above reasons. just make it a serverside option....

i for one however, believe that the DEFAULT mode needs to be "realistic" since that is what makes RO the game it is and that is what needs to be highlighted. if people want to wuss out and play the more "relaxed" version of the game than that can be their choice, but that should not be default.

of course, i highly doubt any clan play servers will be using "relaxed realism" anyway and that's all i really care about.

Upvote 0
i think that the default mode should be relaxed realism, although i probably dont like most of the features.

Current RO people know what they want and how the game works, so they can probably setup their server customly easier than others. While new players will always start and try the game with default settings.

The sideeffect will probably be that more servers possibly end with relaxed realism, and i would prefer most people to play the realistic setting however that ends up to be.

Upvote 0
I vote those who vote yes obviously don't want the community to grow. There is absolutely no reason to not allow them online in that mode (besides the before mentioned "they need to have it as hard as we did"). That is the whole freaking point of the mode. To introduce more people into the game we love at an easier pace. One of the major problems that has always stood out to this day about Ostfront is their first day of play. Those purchasers tended to fall into 2 categories: Those who got past the first day and learned to loved it and stuck around, and those that hit the learning curve and and quit the first day.

The two modes of play style as seen in other games such as OFP (where I first saw it) is a great way to introduce players to the game without scaring them off. That game is what got me into realism gaming!

Upvote 0
I say limit it to SP.
Playing mp in RO means getting your *** handed to you on a silver plate more times then you wish to count before you earn your first kill, that's how it is and that's how it should stay.

No, that's not what it should be about. Besides, relaxed realism doesn't change the gunplay a bit, so what are you complaining about? It just gives newcomers some more tactical and strategic info.

Upvote 0
But anyways, if it doesn't have any effect on the hardcore realism servers, I could care less. Some people like having it easy, and I'm sure those looking for a greater challenge will eventually move on to the realism servers.

Same here.
If it has influence on realism servers I wouldn't want this in multiplayer.
Yet I know I'll hang out on realism most times.

Upvote 0