• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should magazines be topped off at spawn?

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
Who thinks it would be a good idea to top off the magazines when you spawn?

For example, in Ost Front, if you spawn with an SVT-40, you have 9 rounds in the magazine +1 in the chamber.

At spawn, I always reload it or my pistol to top them off at 10+1 and 8+1.

Nothing really important, I was just wondering who would be in favor of changing this.

I honestly don't care much either way.

Why would they change this? It's already in Ost Front (and other games like Rainbow Six Vegas), plus it's realistic.

The fact of the matter is when you load a round into the chamber, that equals 1 round and when you switch a mag you get that many rounds added on. That happens in real life.

It's not topping magazines, it's just that you're loading the chamber with a round and adding another mag.

Plus that mag in Ost Front that you changed permanently loses a single round.

Upvote 0
Why would they change this? It's already in Ost Front (and other games like Rainbow Six Vegas), plus it's realistic.

The fact of the matter is when you load a round into the chamber, that equals 1 round and when you switch a mag you get that many rounds added on. That happens in real life.

It's not topping magazines, it's just that you're loading the chamber with a round and adding another mag.

Plus that mag in Ost Front that you changed permanently loses a single round.

You didn't read my original post.

I've heard that soldiers top their mags off before they go into battle.

For example, if they are carrying nine 10 round magazines, they are all filled with 10 rounds, plus one in the chamber. This equals to a total of 91 rounds on their person.

To better illustrate this I will give another example. Say you are a Russian soldier with an SVT-40. You are filling up your magazines before you head out to battle/patrol/whatever. You fill them all up with 10 rounds, then stick one in, pull the charging handle. This puts one round into the chamber. You then take out the magazine, and fill it with another bullet. This means you have 10 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber, for a total of 11.

Get it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0