• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should I get RO2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trendkill, i doubt you'll notice (being new here) but the only negative comments are from guys who expected something different when they bought it. i guess they didn't bother to look into it before they bought it and now they don't play. just pop in and bad-mouth it when they're bored. i'll never understand why some don't just move on, instead of posting innacurate info about the game. :confused:
mgbosshogg nailed it as far as i'm concerned. what else can you get that might be as good for that kind of dosh? i know i can't take my wife out for dinner on that. :eek:
what you really need to be asking, is if your computer is capable of playing it at decent settings and still get a good framerate. those minimum requirements should be set a lot higher, as far as i'm concerned. the recommended settings are closer to what's required and surpassing them, is a great idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Trendkill, i doubt you'll notice (being new here) but the only negative comments are from guys who expected something different when they bought it. i guess they didn't bother to look into it before they bought it and now they don't play. just pop in and bad-mouth it when they're bored. i'll never understand why some don't just move on, instead of posting inaccurate info about the game. :confused:
I actually joined the forums back in 2006 (Jesus has it really been that long!?) I've just never been very active on the forums. I fear that had I bought RO2 at release and been disappointed with it I may have become exactly the sort of bad-mouther you mention.

Thanks everyone one for your opinions and discussion. It seems most of you guys are having a generally positive experience. Though having been lurking around the forums for these years and seeing some of the ups and downs in the game community I can't completely discount the negative opinions either.
It's all food for thought.

As ever it would be so much easier if someone had a trial pass lying around that they could offer me but I won't get my hopes up :p

Upvote 0
sounds like a good reason to spend it on a game, instead of pissing it away. ;)
who said i'm pissing it away? i merely compared the full price of the game with the price of beer in my country. i didn't say i buy that beer every weekend or whatever. i can't even remember the last time i got drunk. guess i'm getting too old for that sh!t. my point being, if you're on a tight budget, discounts are the way to go.

Upvote 0
Being short-sighted, they pretty much screwed the game up if you're a fan of realism and/or RO:Ost.

It's possible to eek-out a few hours of fun, but generally it's the custom maps that shine and usually only in 'classic' game mode. I've still no idea why the 'Realism' game mode is called as such, it's more of a CoD/RO combo and remains the most popular game type by far which is a crying shame. The game in general has some major flaws, some annoying design, and a lack of coherence.

And I'd ignore people like 'Trooper' who say they're glad the whiner's left, it's the reason RO2 can only command 1000 concurrent players during 2 or 3 peak hours. I'm afraid RO2 isn't popular for good reason, and games that should have been far inferior command much larger audiences..

Not that Tripwire give a crap.

Upvote 0
Not that Tripwire give a crap.

You're right, you are Short-Sighted. Consistent updates, assisting community members in content / mutator creations, adding community-proved alterations (client side hit detection, soon to be coloured chat) to the base game, bug squashing, alterations made based on community feed-back and organising a mapping contest. That sounds like TWI give a crap to me.

You can not like the game, but don't spout bull-poop for the sake of it.

On Topic: I'd say get the game, provided you can be a tad patient. Things will be added for a good while so the game can only get better! (The next big update should be pretty good)

Upvote 0
You'll get your money out of it. As a side note , breaking out a box of Kleenex and heading to the forums to complain exists in every game. If you get 20 hours out of it ,and you easily will, you've paid less then a buck an hour for that fun. The only way to know if you'd like it is to play it tbh.

my two cents ....which is worth any other two cents I guess. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.