• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting When Exhausted

melipone

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2006
Something i've noticed is whenever i'm exhausted ingame, even if I get the sights on the target when its swaying around like mad, the gun seems to miss more often than when im not tired/just brought my gun to Iron Sights. Is this because theres some kind of artificial gun accuracy reduction when you get tired or is there some technique to it, like theres a lag delay so you have to shoot just before the gun sights land on the target?

So in short, does tiredness affect gun accuracy as well as gun sway?

Last edited:
Something i've noticed is whenever i'm exhausted ingame, even if I get the sights on the target when its swaying around like mad, the gun seems to miss more often than when im not tired/just brought my gun to Iron Sights. Is this because theres some kind of artificial gun accuracy reduction when you get tired or is there some technique to it, like theres a lag delay so you have to shoot just before the gun sights land on the target?​

So in short, does tiredness affect gun accuracy as well as gun sway?​

Not that I've ever noticed. It causes it to sway more, but the sights are perfectly aligned, and if you compensate for that sway and fire as the rifle passes over the target it's the same as firing while braced.

Upvote 0
I think there's still something a little wrong with the sway. Once it starts swaying, where the sights are pointing is not where the bullet goes. If I have any sway at all, it doesn't matter how perfectly the sight is on someone's chest, the bullets won't go there. I have to drop the gun, then raise it again to get an accurate shot. I don't know if this is because the sway animation isn't linked correctly to the aim point or whether it's because the aim point is behind the weapon model due to latency, but there's definitely something wrong with it. It's been that way for ever afaik though. Tbh, I'm not sure that they even ended up linking the sway anyway. In the mod the sway was purely aesthetic, so for all I know it could still be that way.

Upvote 0