• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting out of halftrack

The halftracks in the original R.O were epic, and I hope Tripwire does their best to put out a troop-transport DLC as soon as possible, following release. Considering the amount of depth put into ROHOS so far, I would expect this to be possible!
I also hope that they add some of the myriad of different SdKfZ-variants that were out there - armed with MG34's, short-barrelled 75mm cannons, 2cm autocannons, 37mm anti-tank guns... oh my, the possibilities...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hope the variant of the German half track is the one with 2 MG34's.

I also think the driver will have the same kinda options with view ports and hatches as the tanks. And the infantry in the back will have options to peek out, fully stand out and shoot, or sit.

My question though... Will there be an animation for getting out of the halftrack?! :O!

Upvote 0
^ Elaborate instead of giving a smirky response and negative feedback. Tripwire has been open about adding content in post-release DLC's, and the troop-transports were a significant part of the original release.

he's smirking at your use of the term "dlc" which is fast becoming synonymous with extortion efforts by lots of big corporations: ea, ubisoft, etc...and even within small independent studios that should know better. most of these companies make the whole game, then painstakingly remove content and all traces of evidence that it had existed already(usually unsuccessfully), in order to resell them as dlcs.

back on topic: it would be nice, and with the recently announced system of vehicle environment interactivity, i think it would be possible to implement such a thing.

Upvote 0
Unless the halftrack isn't fully open, you should be able to shoot out with your rifle and lunge grenades. Halftracks could make extremely useful cover when parked in choke points and such. Although it could be very penetrable by MG's and snipers, it could make much use against infantry and assault troops, maybe even tanks if you can carry a AT gun in there >.>

Maybe the animation for getting out of the half track could be hopping over the sides, and not the back door?

Last edited:
Upvote 0