• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting friendlies at spawn point

oh, my favorite are the forest gump satchel kids... at the start of a new battle, then pull one and let her rip in the spawn killing almost the whole team... there really should be a better punishment system... i accidentally TK'ed once and got kicked, so i just reconnected, no problem.. but someone who throws a satchel down killing 9 should get a 30+ minute ban... everyone who gets so many TKs per game should... i know TKs happen, but after your 2nd accidental TK you seriously stop and start watching what you are doing more closely, people who dont care, and intentionally do it, well they will just miss out next game... good for everyone

Upvote 0
Sabor_Wolf said:
oh, my favorite are the forest gump satchel kids... at the start of a new battle, then pull one and let her rip in the spawn killing almost the whole team... there really should be a better punishment system... i accidentally TK'ed once and got kicked, so i just reconnected, no problem.. but someone who throws a satchel down killing 9 should get a 30+ minute ban... everyone who gets so many TKs per game should... i know TKs happen, but after your 2nd accidental TK you seriously stop and start watching what you are doing more closely, people who dont care, and intentionally do it, well they will just miss out next game... good for everyone
What about people who deliberately run onto your satchel charges, etc..?
It happens.

Upvote 0
Most of my TKs happen when someone from my Team runs around a Corner and i don't expect it... I usually fire in the Moment i recognize them... but usually its too late by than...

Or it happens when someone decides to go prone in the Wheat field on the German Side of the Western Farm on Bondarevo... and i run them over in a Tank/Halftrack because i can't spot em...

Or people being so nice and runing full tilt into my properly placed Artillery Barrage :).

But i say yay to the NP Mutator :).

Upvote 0
ShapeSh1fter said:
Some ppl TK for the weapons. I.e. once I asked a sniper if I could have a go at it. He said "sure!" after which i TK him the next time we spawned and took his weapon, both of us just loose a few sec so why not? That should be the only TK allowed on a server imo
That and TKing at the end of the round is just plain retarded.

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more.^^

I was shot by a teammate while manning a halftrack MG at the end of a round on Hedgehog. Worst part is, the guy who shot me was a member of the 13 Panzer Division, which, as I understand it, is an old part of the RO community. Not the kind of action I would've expected from a long-time player... made me lose a lot of the inherent respect I had for these guys, that's for sure.:(

Upvote 0
Friendly fire is a fact of life. EVERYONE ocasionally TKs by mistake, thats why I have NP and SORRY assigned to a key. BTW has anyone noticed that ppl don't say "sorry" as much as they use to? But assholes who sit in the spawn and tk are vile little pricks that need to be banned for a long time. I just move on. sigh

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
But i say yay to the NP Mutator :).
I'd love to see that again. It seems to be the best solution to the problem, accidents get forgiven by most decent players and no-one forgives the people doing it on purpose.

Ramrod said:
Friendly fire is a fact of life. EVERYONE ocasionally TKs by mistake, thats why I have NP and SORRY assigned to a key. BTW has anyone noticed that ppl don't say "sorry" as much as they use to? But assholes who sit in the spawn and tk are vile little pricks that need to be banned for a long time. I just move on. sigh
I'm sure I see as many "oh crap! sry mate!"s as I ever used to.

Upvote 0