• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting friendlies at spawn point

Formaldehyde

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
What is it with this? It seems to be happening a lot more in the last week or two. People either winging friendlies in the arm or leg, or worse-TK'ing them. I see a lot of this. It just happened again (thanks "The Lep"-your TK skillz rule). And this was on a so called "realism" server. For people wanting a good immersive experience-this is ruining it, fast.

I'm just wondering where this crummy phenomena comes from. Is this a holdover from some "run and gun" game where there is competition for the best sniping shots, so you TK to get 'em?

I would like these people kicked ASAP from any game. Particularly from the "realism" servers. It's really freaking stupid.

Im sorry to say this has been happening since the mod days so it aint noobs.. there has been a lot of debate regarding this thankfully it is in the minority but still disturbing if they just wing you they do not get kicked for teamkilling but it severly restricts your play and pisses you off. they hope to get you to react and kill them making you the bad team-killer. which is the whole reason for doing it. so do not react, just take note who is doing it and if you are playing on a decent server it will be admined. report the a**** to the admin and he will be kicked. p.s D3terioNation you would be surprised who watches this forum most of the a***se that do this are registered here unfortunatly. maybe one day they will grow out of it:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agree

Agree

I had it happen a few days ago and I complained it was cheating and then the reply was that it was not cheating. Any killing is ok.

Ok, yes sometimes enemy would wear the others uniforms, but in small unit action you would know the men in your squad and platoon. They would not be a stranger. So a likely enemy trying to blend in with your squad or platoon would be detected.

But this guy was killing folks on his own team on purpose, from behind at point blank range when they moved out from the Spawn site. It is bull ****. But he felt he was being realistic that enemy would sometimes wear the opposite's uniform.

Another thing that bothered me is some tankers were taking their own teams tanks at spawn site and piling them up to make it hard to get in them and move out. Again, in my opinion cheating.

Upvote 0
A couple of these morons ruined a great match last night on the Basovka map. I was on the Soviet side and after losing the AT gun position rather quickly, our team made a great long stand at the command bunker and held it until there was onlymaybe 3 minutes left to play. It was shaping up to be a real nail-biter as we regrouped for the Germans' final assault, when suddenly two players with the same clan tag (not one I'd ever heard of) joined the game on our side and wiped out the better part of two spawn waves before someone could log in as an admin and kick them. Needless to say the Germans won the round but I would think this spoiled their victory just as much as it ruined the game for our side. Pretty pathetic.

Upvote 0
Formaldehyde said:
What is it with this? It seems to be happening a lot more in the last week or two. People either winging friendlies in the arm or leg, or worse-TK'ing them. I see a lot of this. It just happened again (thanks "The Lep"-your TK skillz rule). And this was on a so called "realism" server. For people wanting a good immersive experience-this is ruining it, fast.
I'm just wondering where this crummy phenomena comes from. Is this a holdover from some "run and gun" game where there is competition for the best sniping shots, so you TK to get 'em?
I would like these people kicked ASAP from any game. Particularly from the "realism" servers. It's really freaking stupid.

I noticed a jump in this behavior this weekend as well. Particularly on the |rTr| Arad 24/7 server. Foul language, rude behavior, TKs all over the place. It was awful.

Just could not resist the pull of Arad though. So, I put up with it for a while. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to add, some jerkoff with a {CORE} tag (Paoli, or Poli, something like that) took the time to jump into the JS-2 with me, and spin the turret all the way to the rear, shoot a main cannon round, then jump out to leave me with the turret totally out of position. when asked, he did it because "he was bored". Jeebus. I happened to be on my way to recap the South Field on Arad, so the time lost in fixing his "boredom" really cost me. Dumb kid.

Upvote 0
Anybody remember "Turncoat" from the mod days? He changed his name repeatedly, but that was the most common name.

I have fond memories of him blocking the single spawn exit doorways on Kalinin, effectively blocking the entire team inside. One of our teammates would have to pull up a tank right by the door, so we could get in the tank and get out the other side.

Upvote 0
One of the good things about our server? We have an admin on almost 80% of the time, if not more. If the admin's not playing, he's most likely watching things through webadmin. Only thing that players have to do is let us know about it.

Most of the time we have a 1 time kick warning policy. If the person rejoins and keeps doing it, they're getting banned. Unless it's blatant, when they'll get the ban right away.

What seems to be the new trend, though, is people claiming they are newbies, not familiar with the game, and actually tk-ing on purpose. But that doesn't last long either.

Upvote 0
The solution to TK/TW morons isn't a kick, it's a ban. Too many times I've been in one of our servers when someone spawns in, and the first thing they do is shoot the person in front of them, "just testing to see if FF is on." When they get back in the server (our policy is warn/kick/ban, with the server MOTD serving as the warning) they always ask "WTF WAS I KICKED??" I always answer, "I was just testing to see if admin_kick/admin_ban was on."

Strange how they either straighten up or leave right away.

Upvote 0
[CoFR]BooBoo said:
The solution to TK/TW morons isn't a kick, it's a ban. Too many times I've been in one of our servers when someone spawns in, and the first thing they do is shoot the person in front of them, "just testing to see if FF is on." When they get back in the server (our policy is warn/kick/ban, with the server MOTD serving as the warning) they always ask "WTF WAS I KICKED??" I always answer, "I was just testing to see if admin_kick/admin_ban was on."

Strange how they either straighten up or leave right away.

ha! nice one! :D

Upvote 0
I typically play on servers that have the FF_KICK flag that will kick a TKer after the set limit is exceeded. The default is 4.

I occasionally see...

<ROPlayer> removed for friendly fire violation. (or something like that)

...so TKer's don't bother me too much 'cos I know if the keep it up they will get kicked. No questions asked.

:D

Upvote 0
Crucis said:
I typically play on servers that have the FF_KICK flag that will kick a TKer after the set limit is exceeded. The default is 4.

I occasionally see...

<ROPlayer> removed for friendly fire violation. (or something like that)

...so TKer's don't bother me too much 'cos I know if the keep it up they will get kicked. No questions asked.

:D

The problem is even the fact that this must be setup to deal with them affects everyone's fun. It really sucks to be in the middle of a tight 3rd round with like 3 or 4 minutes left and get kicked because someone runs into your arty. Of course this happens even when salvo's have been dropping on the same area and you called the coordinates as soon as you used the radio!:mad:

These people are pathetic and it has been increasing as RO gets into more retailers. This weekend I've seen way more tk's and people who have no clue about the maps. Those who use BS excuses are the worst. Yesterday there was a guy who said "is that our MG in the tower", to which I responded yes, and then he walked up the stairs and shot me point blank in the back. I asked wtf that was for and he says "I thought you said no". Give me a break. This guy also was from a clan with an SS tag and two of his buddies were also playing and typing lol everytime he did it this type of BS to someone. Deplorable!

Upvote 0
Depending on the server, there is spawn protection for several seconds. So if somone sees that in 1 server and leaves to join another, he expects its the same in the other, shoots randomly, accidently kills someone and goes "oops". I think they should take the giant annoying "weapon shot out of hand" text from the mod and change it to "DON'T SHOOT PEOPLE IN SPAWN". It should stay for about 10 seconds and should have a solid black box around it so they can't even try to tk someone. Might be over kill, but it will never happen to me so I will never know :p.

Upvote 0