• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shooting an MG42 (video)

I saw a video of Chuck Norris shooting two MG42s while running, and when one overheated and quit firing, he ***** slapped it and made it work again.

Cool video, haven't seen a DP shoot before, thanks! :D

EDIT: Oh, btw, what is the thing that looks like paper-clips that is moving when he fires? Is it some sort of 'rounds left' marker (which is what I guess it is)? Is that in RO? Or was it not standard on the gun? Anyone got them juicy tid-bits? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kempe said:
IIRC, there was a little thing sticking outta the drum which turned as the rounds were emptyed from it, this gave an idication as to how full the drum was

That makes sense, and I thought that's what it was, but do you recall this being in RO?

If it was standard, dangit, lets put it in! (and fix the K98 safety while we're at it :))

Upvote 0
He was holding the bipod leg too far out, should have gripped it closer to the hinge point. Even so the muzzle would have jumped all over the place with his stance. 7.92x57JS ammo packs quite a punch, on BOTH ends.

Oh, and that guy with the DP didn't flinch. That's what happens when the bolt slams forward on an empty chamber in an MG like that. Open bolt design, remember?

Upvote 0
Vonreuter said:
Yes, the stance could definitely be better as he seems to be leaning away from the weapon instead of into it. However, he still manages to shoot it quite effectively in the general direction of the enemy compared to RO / DoD.

Lol, DoD's version of recoil is nothing but horrendous muzzle climb. That game drives me nuts because of the horrible "recoil" effects.

Upvote 0
Lets not forget conefire. And the M1 being rendered utterly useless. Oh, and the conefire. And the SparkleCleaners uniforms. AND the fact that all soldiers are olympic sprinters from Kenya.

DoD. So much promise. I would enjoy it greatly if wasn't so much ass. You just play it and get this horrible taste in your mouth. Mmmm, ass! *spit*

Upvote 0