• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shell holes on Tanks

Pretty simple, we get bullet holes on walls. Bullet wounds on the soldiers. But we don't have Shell holes on Tanks.

It would be nice to fire at an enemy tank and, if the round penetrates, see a hole on it.

Examples:
7183376374_120950a749_z.jpg

cooked.jpg

7183375712_d6d5f7e115_z.jpg

More realism. And makes a Tanker feel more proud of their skills!
I want to turn a T-34 into cheese. :IS2:

I think that is an engine related problem and we will never be able to fix it

I think its a performance issue more than anything. I mean a few bullet holes doesn't seem like much, but factor in 64 players with plenty of automatics and MGs played over a 20 -30 minute round, the sheer amount of decals would be pretty taxing on people's FPS - similar to having bodies staying permanently.

Upvote 0
I think its a performance issue more than anything. I mean a few bullet holes doesn't seem like much, but factor in 64 players with plenty of automatics and MGs played over a 20 -30 minute round, the sheer amount of decals would be pretty taxing on people's FPS - similar to having bodies staying permanently.

I set the decal and body duration to around 10(normal corpse duration is 30 sec) minutes and I must say that there is about 5-7(sometimes not even that)fps decrease around the 9 minute mark when the streets are literally clogged with bodies, meaning there isn't much of a performance hit.

Upvote 0
I set the decal and body duration to around 10(normal corpse duration is 30 sec) minutes and I must say that there is about 5-7(sometimes not even that)fps decrease around the 9 minute mark when the streets are literally clogged with bodies, meaning there isn't much of a performance hit.

Then you must either have an amazing system or have your base graphic settings turned down really low.

Either way not everyone will have a computer that can handle such a load, and to force it upon everyone will just wreck most people's FPS.

Upvote 0

I'm sorry, but I really can't believe you. Unless you have a computer from NASA, there's no way you only get a 5-7 fps hit. My system is pretty good, but with bodies set to 10 on ultra settings I get a hit of around 20 fps!

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but I really can't believe you. Unless you have a computer from NASA, there's no way you only get a 5-7 fps hit. My system is pretty good, but with bodies set to 10 on ultra settings I get a hit of around 20 fps!
Well it could be more, I haven't actually compared fps values, it just feels like there isn't really a big drop regarding performance. It could be all of course my subjective opinion.

Regarding the graphic settings, I have shadows on low, with AA and DoF turned off and everything else on high. 1280 X 1024 screen resolution.

Either way not everyone will have a computer that can handle such a load, and to force it upon everyone will just wreck most people's FPS.

Who said anything about forcing something on people? Tank damage marks would be purely cosmetic and could be turned off in the options if it is very taxing on some machines. I am just pointing out that it doesn't make sense not including it for performance reasons.

Upvote 0
The Devs were talking about this even before the release (or short after), but i think that this feature was put in second......damn google translator.....the opposite of "foreground", when you place a thing behind other things that are more important.....what is that term?

"Priorities" are important things - TWi have prioritised other features as more important.

...and as a native English speaker I had to check the spelling Riccardo - your English is excellent!

Upvote 0